Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair price query

Options
  • 30-09-2016 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

I got a full head of highlights today but she just did the roots and didn't bring the colour the whole way through as my ends are pretty dry. She ended up charging me the same price as she does when she brings the whole colour down the shaft of the hair. I got no extra treatments or anything that would justify the extent of the price. Is she correct to charge the same price for using less colour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I don't know if that would make much of a difference to be honest. Are we talking foil highlights here? If so it still takes the majority of the time to section through the hair, apply the foil etc.

Yes, they'd use a bit less product, but I think it would be mostly the same in terms of labour costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don't know if that would make much of a difference to be honest. Are we talking foil highlights here? If so it still takes the majority of the time to section through the hair, apply the foil etc.

Yes, they'd use a bit less product, but I think it would be mostly the same in terms of labour costs.

Thanks. Ya I didn't say anything at the time because I wasn't sure, good to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

anna080 wrote: »
    Thanks. Ya I didn't say anything at the time because I wasn't sure, good to know!

Neither am I, must point out that its a few years since I've had highlights myself, but in my experience I don't remember it ever being any cheaper once they stopped going over the full length.

Only cheap option I remember was a T bar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

The price is usually based on the time taken overall rather than the amount of product used because the highlights will still require the same amount of time to develop.

Also, it's not a good idea to have the permanent colour (or bleach) applied to previously coloured hair to 'refresh' the colour. You should ideally have a Demi or Semi freshly mixed and applied in that case.

Advertisement