Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Cycling Club in Pavillions SC

Options
  • 30-09-2016 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

McNally Swords Cycling Club will be in the Pavillions Shopping Centre tomorrow Saturday and Sunday October 2nd.

We're there to raise awareness of the club and to answer any questions anyone has about the club or cycling in general.

Come in and say hello if your around!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe they should do a tie in with the pavilions 'live by the sword' ad campaign, and have a bike jousting tournament to publicise it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I need to join again so I can use all that cycling gear I bought last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

maybe they should do a tie in with the pavilions 'live by the sword' ad campaign, and have a bike jousting tournament to publicise it?

No swords, but we'll have a few bikes on turbo trainers that you can try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The most disappointing thing I learned as a child is that Swords is not actually full of swords.

http://www.swords-dublin.com/history.html
    The Town of Swords was formed in 560 and is named after 'Sord being the Irish Gaelic for pure and of which the holy well of St. Culumba stands to this day which was founded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i once told a spanish colleague i lived beside a place called cabra and they thought this was hilarious.
    i suppose we also have goatstown here.

• Advertisement

i once told a spanish colleague i lived beside a place called cabra and they thought this was hilarious.
    i suppose we also have goatstown here.

What about "Oldcastle"? I mean it must have been new at some time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Raam wrote: »
    The most disappointing thing I learned as a child is that Swords is not actually full of swords....
    I take it you handled the whole Santa existence thing quite well!

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I used to wonder where House Martins and Barn Owls lived before there were houses and barns.

07Lapierre wrote: »
    i've always thought they should do the twin town thing with newcastle.

Anyway, back on topic - I'll be available in the Pavilions tomorrow to sign autographs, pose for selfies or whatever! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I hear there's a power meter competition over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

fair play

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hungrycol wrote: »
    I hear there's a power meter competition over the weekend.
    Yep - reckon one of mine is going to win although I am concerned about that entry from Humphries Cycles ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Visited the stand yesterday and was really a great setup. A lot of thought put into it, lots of volunteers and in a great location, well done. Will defo be out for a Saturday morning spin, just need to dust off the 'dale.

Advertisement