Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internal Air to Water Heat Pump?

• 30-09-2016 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I am currently renovating my house and looking at some options around hot water. I have a large oil boiler and stove in the house currently but end up most of the time with immersion on....

My original plan was to get some solar panels just to heat the water.

But I talked to one guy and he said about putting in internal air to water heat pump. The oil boiler is in room in the house with the hot water cylinder beside it. So he said I can install to replace the currently cylinder and put the air from the boiler room to heat the water.....

Just wondering has anyone used this technology before or seen it in action? The pump is Kronoterm Eco 2 line. Can't find a link to specific one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Why not heat your water with the oil boiler you already have and paid for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

MicktheMan wrote: »
    Why not heat your water with the oil boiler you already have and paid for?

I am trying to move away from oil as much as possible

My next goal would be to put a back up to the oil to heat the house

Advertisement