Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas unknown wall fixing

• 30-09-2016 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We've moved into a house with GFCH and a gas fire. To the left of the fireplace is the attached fitting. I'm wondering if anyone knows what it is? I'd like to put my piano there and don't know if it is ok to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

testicles wrote: »
    The valve to turn off the gas to the fire is behind that.

So if we plan on never using the fire (we have kids) for the foreseeable future can we turn off the gas and put the piano in front of that? Or do we just leave it on and stick the piano in front anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

You can put the piano in front of it, as its not a permanent fixture it can be moved to access the valve.

You can leave it in the on or off position. If you intend on using the gas fire leave it in the on position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks! Much appreciated

Advertisement