Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What on earth have you done to annoy Norton?

Options
  • 30-09-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I keep getting the following message this evening when trying to access Boards pages.
    Fraudulent Web Page Blocked

You attempted to access:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=glitches

This web page is a known fraudulent web page. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this page.

For your protection, this web page has been blocked. Visit Symantec to learn more about phishing and internet security.

What's up? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Getting it too here. It's seriously p1ssing me off; every single link throws up a warning page.

Just to follow up on my last post (whenever it gets approved); run an update on Norton, then do a quick scan. Mine picked up a bunch of tracking cookies. I'm no longer getting that irritating error message.

Ok ... I spoke too soon :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

I'm getting the same warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Same here. Writing this on iPad, PC is telling me Norton says NO.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Boards ran into some issues with OpenDNS over the weekend (seemingly, it was incorrectly being flagged as a phishing site), and that may have caused this knock on effect. All should be back to normal now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thanks, Mark. Welcome to the team, btw!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement