Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions on these possible first cars?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A big chunk of your budget is the dealers margin. Unless you're very bad at buying things, buying privately should be considered.

The 10 reg Kia is quite cheap though. It's probably rough.

The Rio isn't a bad car, but it's very outdated. It was when it was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's a very serious mileage difference on those. That Colt could be in good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

What do you mean by outdated?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Old fashioned. Engines were bang up to date, but things like interiors, styling, refinement, safety were distinctly early 00s
    It's based on the Hyundai Accent, which was discontinued before the Rio was.

They're not junk or anything, just outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Do you realise the Colt is a cabriolet? It could send your insurance through the roof. Kenny Galway are relatives of mine and I had a professional connection to them at one time but I do think your 4000 would go a lot further elsewhere. Try somebody like Kieren Moran or even Adrian Quinn. A main dealer like kennys will have a much higher margin to fill whereas your smaller independent dealer probably be able to provide more bang for your buck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement