Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s rebooting and blue screen

Options
  • 01-10-2016 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

A family member recently tried to update to latest iOS on their 5s, which is about 10 months old. Phone shutoff at about 72% and then blue screened. A hard reset sorted it, until they tried to update yesterday and of course phone blue screened again and eventually horizontal lines appear on the screen.

So I connected it to itunes did a recovery, installed latest ios, logged into icloud, setup a pin, and got it back up and running only to blue screen a few minutes later. I have since tried to do a recovery at least 3 more times but it blue screens each time about half way through installing the OS. It's now in download mode permanently.

This phone was bought on contract in an Eir store. Do you reckon I can just pop into CompuB and get them to send it for repair under warranty instead of having to deal with a carrier.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yep, or send it to Apple directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

CompuB took it today and reckon I will have a warranty replacement in less than 10 days. The only thing is there is some cosmetic damage top and bottom. The top looks like a dent where it was dropped on the corner some months ago. But screen and back perfect. Might or might not be reason to refuse warranty. Tech will ring me next week.

Advertisement