Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New model in 2017 - new old model discounts/offers

• 01-10-2016 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

With some manufacturers bringing in new models for 2017, is there likely to be discounts for new, end of line, cars? Do some manufacturers just tend to spec up models and sell at base model price? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's rare enough for a manufacturer to drop the list price. Special editions or added spec would be more common. 0% finance could be offered too.
    Depends on the car. I don't think distributors carry nearly as many cars as they would have years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

What about the renault Fluence. Due to be replaced by megane saloon. Wonder will there be any deals on this.

There have been deals on them since the start of the year I believe. They were practically giving them away 5 years ago on "scrappage" (15750 if I remember right) but that was part of renaults strategy to buy market share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There have been deals on them since the start of the year I believe. They were practically giving them away 5 years ago on "scrappage" (15750 if I remember right) but that was part of renaults strategy to buy market share.

Any idea on prices etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From what I've read production of the Fluence has now finished so anything you buy will be from remaining stock. You might get a better deal on a Fluence once the Megane saloon appears on the seen as dealers might find it harder to shift the Fluence when the new model is on sale next to it.

BTW a colleague of mine just bought a brand new Corolla that was in stock and got a fairly good deal on it as the facelift model is due very soon. If your keen on the Fluence then try waiting until the new Megane saloon appears and see if you get a good deal then on one.

• Advertisement

There are 161 reg ex hire ones asking €16500

Heard an ad on the radio that Renault were doing 1.62% finance on nearly new cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Facelift golf/Octavia/Leon in the new year. Bound to be deals on older stock.

Advertisement