Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aga cookware

• 01-10-2016 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

We've just got an AGA and most of our current pots and pans are not going to be suitable. What cookware are people using with their Agas? Obviously we've been looking at their own branded stuff but are there other brands just as good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

We've just got an AGA and most of our current pots and pans are not going to be suitable. What cookware are people using with their Agas? Obviously we've been looking at their own branded stuff but are there other brands just as good?

Just wondering what makes them unsuitable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Just wondering what makes them unsuitable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭joebloggs123

Most of them are quite flimsy and can't really stick the heat of a conventional oven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Curious about this, are conventional ovens hotter?

The point was they don't perform well in our old conventional oven so I wouldn't expect them to last too long in an aga

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Are you cooking on the hotplate mostly or in the oven? I do 99% of my cooking in the oven, even things like "frying" onions etc are better off in the oven in my experience. I have three Le Creuset casserole type dishes to do a lot of the main cooking (new house presents etc) but they are very heavy. My friend has a big Aga branded casserole dish and it is about half the weight. We bought two cast iron frying pans (one regular, one griddle)in TKMaxx for the hotplate but the handles aren't removable. I've seen that the Aga branded ones have the removable handles which is probably easier.

I only use the hotplate to boil the kettle or for a fry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭tedimc

+1 on the Le Creuset, lasts a lifetime. The heavier the better when it comes to cooking with an Aga I believe?

OP - out of interest, which Aga did you go for? Oil, gas, electric - 2/4 oven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Standard stainless steel saucepans are perfectly fine on the hot plates. Heavier ceramic, cast iron and metal are more suited for the oven though.

Went for the electric 30 amp overnight storage. Location didn't suit a flu so went for the electric. Bought a module so we can turn it off during the summer. Not sure if we'll do that, time will tell but wanted something in case the room got very warm and thought a conventional oven would spoil the look

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellen L

I have a Waterford Stanley range & find good cast iron & le creusot pots & pans the best. My cast iron pans are used for cooking & baking and the food always comes out much nicer. We bought some of our cast iron from Waterford Stanley & I love it. Aga cookware is excellent too I hear but I haven't tried it myself.
    God luck with your Aga!

• Advertisement
Advertisement