Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do

Options
  • 01-10-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

my landlady rang me thursday and asked me basically start looking for somewhere else to live that 'her daughter wanted to move into the house with her baby' which is bull i know cos she has a council house she said she talk to me more about it next week when i meet her to give her rent, now i pay her in cash every month i get receipts but im also aware she and her daughter are claiming social welfare payments from the house and im also have feelings she hasnt paid her mortgage and is up in repossession court Now i viewed a house yesterday fell in love with it but the estate agent has told us we can have it if we can move in by next friday thats paying 1800e we could get it from the credit union thats no prob but thing is could i ring her and tell her im moving out by next weekend and get my deposit back the estate agent said we could...sorry about the long post its just the 1050e deposit is a lot of money we cant afford to lose out on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You've found somewhere to go, you can afford the rent in the new place, and you have a way to pay the deposit there - that's a great start.

I say ring your landlord back and tell her that you have an opportunity, but you'd need to leave next Friday, and ask her if you would get your current deposit back if you leave then (assuming there is no damage).

Don't tell her that you have any way to pay the new deposit - let her think that you need it in order to get the new place. Kind of hint that if you don't take this place, it could be very difficult to get another one and you cannot even guess how long it might take.

If she really just wants to put the rent up, then she'll be happy to see you go ASAP. And you'll be better off away from a LL who's going to play this sort of sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sammy2016

Hoping to get back half deposit as we are using other half for 2weeks rent house is spotless so will be moving over the weekend got keys today,really hoping it goes smoothly and we get rest of our money back

Advertisement