Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE tried to get High Court Order to C-Section woman without her consent!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Oh my god that's horrendous! My heart goes out to you. Any system that operates like that is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My wife gave birth to 2 kids in the rotunda. We couldn't fault the care she got from the midwives.
    One of them even remembered her from her first time in 3 years earlier.
    We had a plan but we're aware it was a wish list and medical needs came first. We had no issue with that and were glad it was the case.
    Looks like there are many different experiences here but all the midwives can't be branded with the same mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, all midwives can't be branded with the same mark but there's definitely some dragons out there. I've had a bad experience with a few of the midwives in the Rotunda, consultants too but good experiences too. Nothing but the best care in the Coombe. 3 kids born in the Rotunda, one born in the Coombe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

volchitsa wrote: »
    That's unforgivable that you were put through that, Shashabear, it's quite upsetting reading even for an uninvolved outsider. And I'm so glad for you that you were able to have such a great experience for your second birth, it would have been such a shame of that had put you off having another (TBH I could have understood it!)
    Beanybabog wrote: »
    Oh my god that's horrendous! My heart goes out to you. Any system that operates like that is broken.

Even reading back on it after I wrote it really upset me. When I left the hospital and for MONTHS afterwards, I told people it "wasn't that bad" and it was an "easy birth". It wasn't until we got pregnant the second time that I started to panic about what would happen if I went overdue again and had to go consultant-led. I even considered registering to a different hospital to try and avoid the midwives I had encountered! We plan for number 3 in the next year or so, and if I end up going consultant for any reason, I will be speaking up and making it clear that (medical emergency excepted) I make the rules. It's like a bloody conveyor belt in there! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,584 ✭✭✭✭fits

That's horrendous shashabear I'm really sorry that happened. I've had a good bit of contact with midwives and consultants already and I always try to gauge what their attitude would be in the labour ward and it is very very mixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭volchitsa

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Even reading back on it after I wrote it really upset me. When I left the hospital and for MONTHS afterwards, I told people it "wasn't that bad" and it was an "easy birth". It wasn't until we got pregnant the second time that I started to panic about what would happen if I went overdue again and had to go consultant-led. I even considered registering to a different hospital to try and avoid the midwives I had encountered! We plan for number 3 in the next year or so, and if I end up going consultant for any reason, I will be speaking up and making it clear that (medical emergency excepted) I make the rules. It's like a bloody conveyor belt in there! :(

I think you're really brave for being able to take charge of your subsequent pregnancy/ies like that. I'd say some people just wouldn't have been able to face a second, so well done for going ahead and for making sure you were able to take control the second time. That's brilliant.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Advertisement