Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Il Lombardia 2016

Options
  • 01-10-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Last of the season's Monuments on today. Seems to have kind of slipped under the radar. Dunno how Dan Martin's going but if well obviously one of the contenders.
    Preview here: http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/2016_il_lombardia_preview/

Crazy long preview to go with a crazy hilly race if you're in the mood for punishment. Just a quick flick of the eyes for me though to the bottom of the review to see he favours Chaves ahead of Uran & Rui Costa as favourites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The breakaway are part the halfway point.

Damiano Caruso (BMC), Stefan Denifl (IAM), Mickael Cherel (AG2R-La Mondiale), and Rudy Molard (Cofidis).

Live coverage starts on Eurosport1 at 1.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Cool. I assumed this was on tomorrow. I even set the sky box to record as it said it was on Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭happytramp

Looks like Martin missed the pivotal move of the day. Not going to contest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

happytramp wrote: »
    Looks like Martin missed the pivotal move of the day. Not going to contest it.

Yeah, two team mates in front group. Looks like his race is over. A lot of strong riders there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

What happended to sky today, no sign of any them. I thought roche was riding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

TUE's got delayed in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Roche not leader today and lacking alot of racing (SKY not using him since he decided to leave) so said before race not expecting to do anything in such a long race

Poels and Landa were leaders but obviously no legs

I wonder why riders who are not up for it/ haven't the legs are put forward as leaders like Aru today

Rosa looked strongest in race and if not riding for Aru could have won imo

Advertisement