Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple uk and buying from them

Options
  • 01-10-2016 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

is it possible to buy from apple uk and use parcel motel to deliver it ?

iphone i want is like €945 from them as apposed to €1029 from irish apple store

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Yes, theres no problem with doing that. Although you'd want to increase your parcel motel insurance and Apple may call you to make sure that its you and take you through some additional security stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No problem. I've. Even buying from the Belfast store since the iPhone 4.
    This year I was away for launch weekend so I ordered online and delivered through PM and it was in my house launch day night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

kceire wrote: »
    No problem. I've. Even buying from the Belfast store since the iPhone 4.
    This year I was away for launch weekend so I ordered online and delivered through PM and it was in my house launch day night.

savage

was looking for 7 plus 128gb but with cheaper uk price i might get 256 for similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can I also suggest Parcel Wizard. See Here

Similar service as Parcel Motel but with added advantage of delivering to any specified address instead of a collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can I also suggest Parcel Wizard. See Here

Similar service as Parcel Motel but with added advantage of delivering to any specified address instead of a collection point.

Parcel Motel can also deliver to a specified address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

goz83 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel can also deliver to a specified address.

€4 dearer though

Anyone any idea how long the 7 would take if ordered from UK? I am looking at the gold 128GB model. I had a 6....which is gone (long story). Needed a quick replacement, so bought a 5S for €400 (they had no 6 models in stock). I'm well away from an upgrade on contract, so looking to buy direct from Apple UK, which is about €100 cheaper. I think my OH would be happy with the 5S. Its €793 from UK....so 800 really. but 889 from ireland

just ordered a 7 plus 256

Using Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I hope you used Revolut. Great savings to be made and in the past 2 days the rates they were giving were excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

until Apple charge the card - which they do when it's being loaded on to the courier's truck - you may be better/worse off. Still Revolut is the way to go.

If using a 3rd party PO box to get your iPhone please for the love of all things Apple get the extended insurance that they offer (Parcel Motel do this not sure about the others).

until Apple charge the card - which they do when it's being loaded on to the courier's truck - you may be better/worse off. Still Revolut is the way to go.

If using a 3rd party PO box to get your iPhone please for the love of all things Apple get the extended insurance that they offer (Parcel Motel do this not sure about the others).

:confused:

He could top up and exchange it now to get a good rate

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

:confused:

He could top up and exchange it now to get a good rate
    true I forgot about that feature, I was assuming you'd top up in euro and just let the charge go through.

wont let me set up an acc on that thing based on location

im in dublin btw

wont let me set up an acc on that thing based on location

im in dublin btw

Revolut? Apple?

Both will, as they did for me and many others

Go to apple.co.uk not apple.ie

Revolut? Apple?

Both will, as they did for me and many others

Go to apple.co.uk not apple.ie

revolut wouldnt allow me

revolut wouldnt allow me

How? :confused:

Where are you running into problems?

Revolut works fine for me and many many other "boardsies"

revolut wouldnt allow me

I done it the week of launch from Dublin.
    Had to verify my identity though by scanning my passport.

I done it the week of launch from Dublin.
    Had to verify my identity though by scanning my passport.

Thats only necessary if you load over 1k. It also only takes a day for them to verify.

Thats only necessary if you load over 1k. It also only takes a day for them to verify.

this app is only available through an early access program in your country and all spaces are now filled

thats the message im getting

• Advertisement

this app is only available through an early access program in your country and all spaces are now filled

I'm in Dublin. I have just downloaded the APP and have a virtual card and ordered a free physical card. Will be interesting to see how this thing works.

And it only took about 2-3 minutes to verify my identity. Not bad so far

Yeah I was loading it to buy 2 iPhone 7's. It was verified in minutes in fairness to them. I done it on my iPad if that makes any difference, but I don't see how.

Yeah I was loading it to buy 2 iPhone 7's. It was verified in minutes in fairness to them. I done it on my iPad if that makes any difference, but I don't see how.

mine was on iPhone, so no, it doesn't matter

Weird, maybe try again another time or uninstalling and reinstalling

Weird, maybe try again another time or uninstalling and reinstalling

nah fook that

order placed

nah fook that

order placed

They don't take money from your card until its dispatched, so you could try in the 3/4 weeks you're waiting

They don't take money from your card until its dispatched, so you could try in the 3/4 weeks you're waiting

will it be 3/4 weeks or any likely hood be sooner ?

will it be 3/4 weeks or any likely hood be sooner ?

Some people are saying they got it a week before Apple's estimate. It takes 3/4 working days for it to be delivered after dispatch, then if you are using ParcelMotel it takes longer.

Some people are saying they got it a week before Apple's estimate. It takes 3/4 working days for it to be delivered after dispatch, then if you are using ParcelMotel it takes longer.

yeah waiting doesnt bother me

some jokers on adverts adding loads into apples price lol , excuse is you have to wait from apple

• Advertisement

HOLY SHIEET!!

If I used my Revolut card today I could've got the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB for 909 Euro

:'(

Advertisement