Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple uk and buying from them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can I also suggest Parcel Wizard. See Here

Similar service as Parcel Motel but with added advantage of delivering to any specified address instead of a collection point.

Or added disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi guys first time ever think to buy iPhone from Uk apple site due to £ rates. Have few questions , can I normally use my Irish card on apple uk? How to find out about what conversion rates I will pay? I know apple charge card at the moment when they dispatch so it can be 3-4 weeks what if £ change during this weeks? Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hi guys first time ever think to buy iPhone from Uk apple site due to £ rates. Have few questions , can I normally use my Irish card on apple uk? How to find out about what conversion rates I will pay? I know apple charge card at the moment when they dispatch so it can be 3-4 weeks what if £ change during this weeks? Thanks for any help

Use a Revolut card to get guaranteed rates and the best exchange rates. You can get a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus for 909e vs. the 1029e on the irish site.

www.revolut.com

Use a Revolut card to get guaranteed rates and the best exchange rates

www.revolut.com

You mean buy £ on revoulut? And in checkout use it? I will get some "virtual card" number or how it's work? Thanks

You mean buy £ on revoulut? And in checkout use it? I will get some "virtual card" number or how it's work? Thanks

Download the app. Set up account. Top up in Euros. Exchange Euros in the app for Sterling. Go to Apple.co.uk. Buy Phone using ParcelMotel for delivery.

• Advertisement

Download the app. Set up account. Top up in Euros. Exchange Euros in the app for Sterling. Go to Apple.co.uk. Buy Phone using ParcelMotel for delivery.

Thank you so much:-) I just read thread about revoulut and people saying there to better not keep bigger amount of money there, so it's mean it isn't safe? And also I read there be some charges, can I close account on revolut after use it to get iPhone?

Thank you so much:-) I just read thread about revoulut and people saying there to better not keep bigger amount of money there, so it's mean it isn't safe? And also I read there be some charges, can I close account on revolut after use it to get iPhone?

No bother :)

I think its safe. many "boardsies" use it and its fine. The charges you read about are probably bank charges or other charges that wont apply to you for just using it to buy an iPhone. If you top up over 1k, you have to send them a scan of your passport or I.D. because of Gov regulations. You can stop using it when you like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

The saving is very tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

Just to let people know Apple won't deliver to forwarding companies. I ordered last night from .co.uk site. Used PM address Within minutes I received email telling me to provide a new shipping address within 7 days or else the sale would be cancelled.

I replied with my home address straight away. About 5 min later I received a call from a cork number it was apple checking some details and updating my shipping address.

I was buying the SE worked out at €430 delivered:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

danois wrote: »
    Just to let people know Apple won't deliver to forwarding companies. I ordered last night from .co.uk site. Used PM address Within minutes I received email telling me to provide a new shipping address within 7 days or else the sale would be cancelled.

I replied with my home address straight away. About 5 min later I received a call from a cork number it was apple checking some details and updating my shipping address.

Just to let people know that I and many other boards users have ordered from apple uk over the years using Parcel Motel. Never ever stopped once.

I ordered our 2 iPhone 7's and they were in PM Belfast launch morning and in my house that evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I've ordered off Apple.co.uk many times the only problem I had was when I used parcel motel for my billing address I received a call from Apple to change my address but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

I ordered a 7 plus from Apple UK on Monday i did get a call from apple in cork
    to verify my details delivery address and billing address but that was all
    order still going through as of now.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

kceire wrote: »
    Just to let people know that I and many other boards users have ordered from apple uk over the years using Parcel Motel. Never ever stopped once.

I ordered our 2 iPhone 7's and they were in PM Belfast launch morning and in my house that evening.

You were lucky.

This is the email I received.

Dear Danois.

The order you recently placed with the Apple Store cannot be processed because Apple does not ship to freight forwarder addresses.

To allow us to process your order, please reply to this email with a domestic shipping address and your order number. Please note, if the new shipping address is also a freight forwarder, your order will be cancelled.

If you do not reply within 7 days then your order will be canceled and you will not be charged. We appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please call 0800 1076283.

Sincerely,
    Rosemary
    Free phone number: 0800 1076283 and choose extension

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

You still got your order from the UK site? Did apple change your delivery address from ParcelMotel to your address in Ireland?

You were lucky.

This is the email I received.

Dear Danois.

The order you recently placed with the Apple Store cannot be processed because Apple does not ship to freight forwarder addresses.

To allow us to process your order, please reply to this email with a domestic shipping address and your order number. Please note, if the new shipping address is also a freight forwarder, your order will be cancelled.

If you do not reply within 7 days then your order will be canceled and you will not be charged. We appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please call 0800 1076283.

Sincerely,
    Rosemary
    Free phone number: 0800 1076283 and choose extension

Really strange as I could not have been luck 3 times, and then every other boards user lucky too, this year and last year and so on.

I wonder is it somehow connected to the way the delivery address was inlutted?
    Did you click the "this is a business address" tab?

Really strange, I'd re-order straight away!

You still got your order from the UK site? Did apple change your delivery address from ParcelMotel to your address in Ireland?

Yes, Apple also call to confirm billing address linked to the credit card but then shipped to PM in Belfast who then ship to me.

Really strange as I could not have been luck 3 times, and then every other boards user lucky too, this year and last year and so on.

I did :( Thats there so they wont deliver too early in the morning or late in the evening

Did you click it?

I don't think it's an issue with them not delivering. When i spoke to them they just changed details to my home address. The money is gone from my account so I'm sure it has been processed. Just thought it would save people the hassle of the call if they didn't use PM. Didn't mean to worry anyone.

Yeah he said he would update details. The money has been taken from my account but no dispatch email yet. I'm assuming it will be Monday as it was close to 8pm when I spoke to them last night

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Maybe they've just changed their policy. May have been having problems with the likes of PM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'll be surprised if Apple don't start clamping down on this. Irish Revenue is losing the VAT from all these orders. It's a potentially very bad press story in the making.

I expect they'll start forcibly redirecting you to your country's store based on your IP address. A lot of retailers already do this to the extent that it's quite difficult to see how much they charge in the UK.

I did :( Thats there so they wont deliver too early in the morning or late in the evening

Did you click it?

No, I've never click that box.
    Maybe that there is the problem?

It wasn't a problem for me or at least yet (fingers crossed). My 7 Plus is due to arrive at ParcelMotel in Antrim on the 1st-8th Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

I ticket that box and received my 7 plus no problem, maybe some thing is changed in their system and apple is wondering why so many phones being shipped to same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ahhhhhhhh im a dick

i thought i ordered a 7 plus 256 but never finalised the deal lol , fooking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'll be surprised if Apple don't start clamping down on this. Irish Revenue is losing the VAT from all these orders. It's a potentially very bad press story in the making.

I expect they'll start forcibly redirecting you to your country's store based on your IP address. A lot of retailers already do this to the extent that it's quite difficult to see how much they charge in the UK.

I use Tunnel bear to get around that. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yep. That'll make €13.001 Billion they've lost through tax now.

(They don't give a shıt, in my opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ordered

Advertisement