Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple uk and buying from them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

No, hang in there... you'd only go to the back of the queue

who said id be re-ordering ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolu_ox

With the £1 taken from the Revolut card to authorise the card, does it stay at processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Bolu_ox wrote: »
    With the £1 taken from the Revolut card to authorise the card, does it stay at processing?

Yes, thats taken when you add a new card to your account IIRC.

you're phone arrive yet ?

you're phone arrive yet ?

No, I'll hopefully have it by Saturday. It was in Kazakhstan and Germany today.

• Advertisement

mine says preparing for dispatch now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bolu_ox

Oh thank you!

Did yours stay at £1 pending until the full amount was taken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭dazedandlost

Mine has been marked as Dispatched !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Thanks god for that. Im back up to Belfast next week, was going to offer to pick one up for you at this stage:D

• Advertisement

says its shipped ;)

where are these shipped from ?

ill take one from belfast if ur offering

says its shipped ;)

where are these shipped from ?

ill take one from belfast if ur offering

China. My iPhone has probably been to more countries than I have...

China. My iPhone has probably been to more countries than I have...

ha ha no doubt

where is it now ?

ha ha no doubt

where is it now ?

It was in Dublin very early this morning and delivered to Antrim later in the morning. I'm hoping it's in Dublin again now/soon.

It was in Dublin very early this morning and delivered to Antrim later in the morning. I'm hoping it's in Dublin again now/soon.

once it hits pm usually quick turn around

once it hits pm usually quick turn around

Usually..... but not today for me :( ah well!

Usually..... but not today for me :( ah well!

any joy today ?

any joy today ?

Yeah :D

It arrived at the Dublin depot around 7pm yesterday and at my local Parcel Motel at 8am this morning.

Yeah :D

It arrived at the Dublin depot around 7pm yesterday and at my local Parcel Motel at 8am this morning.

xmas early id say

xmas early id say

Similar in that I've spent all my money and I'm now broke... yes :( And I feel like a kid with a shiny new toy :)

• Advertisement

Similar in that I've spent all my money and I'm now broke... yes :( And I feel like a kid with a shiny new toy :)

surely not that bad ;)

where is it now

• Registered Users Posts: 41 tradingwizz

Any issues with using Parcel Motel for delivery of iPhone 7?
    Did you need to use any special insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Bumping this thread to see how I can get around the PM issue? Just got the email asking me to send on new address because they won't deliver to PM.

I'm presuming I can't just give them my Dublin address?
    The order you recently placed with the Apple Store cannot be processed because Apple does not ship to freight forwarder addresses.

To allow us to process your order, please reply to this email with a domestic shipping address and your order number. Please note, if the new shipping address is also a freight forwarder, your order will be cancelled.

If you do not reply within 7 days then your order will be canceled and you will not be charged. We appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please call 0800 048 0408.

Any issues with using Parcel Motel for delivery of iPhone 7?
    Did you need to use any special insurance?

No, for some yes.
    Yes, buy ParcelMotel Protect when you got the shipping email. €7 for 14 days insurance.
    Bumping this thread to see how I can get around the PM issue? Just got the email asking me to send on new address because they won't deliver to PM.

I'm presuming I can't just give them my Dublin address?

Cancel order, create new account and hope for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

The thoughts of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

The thoughts of it!
    I had the same problem, ordered again but chose business address instead & put in pm details there, nomprobkrm with order, delivered to pm within 4/5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Slightly unrelated but people here may know. I bought a 6S Plus a few months ago second hand from a UK seller. It had AppleCare+ on it and it's still active for a couple more years. Recently my battery is dying abruptly. Normally about 25% it will die but today it did it at 55%. I plugged it in and it came on instantly with 55% showing.

I tried to set up a repair and I was told via the site that consumer laws didn't apply as it was an international purchase. I've not rang Apple yet but does anyone have experience dealing with them on this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

chrislad wrote: »
    Slightly unrelated but people here may know. I bought a 6S Plus a few months ago second hand from a UK seller. It had AppleCare+ on it and it's still active for a couple more years. Recently my battery is dying abruptly. Normally about 25% it will die but today it did it at 55%. I plugged it in and it came on instantly with 55% showing.

I tried to set up a repair and I was told via the site that consumer laws didn't apply as it was an international purchase. I've not rang Apple yet but does anyone have experience dealing with them on this?

Its recognising it as UK purchase, but it should also tell you if it has AppleCare+ on it on the same page? As a UK phone, you would have to pursue the seller through the UK Sale of Goods Act for out of warranty problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

whiterebel wrote: »
    Its recognising it as UK purchase, but it should also tell you if it has AppleCare+ on it on the same page? As a UK phone, you would have to pursue the seller through the UK Sale of Goods Act for out of warranty problems.

It still has active AppleCare+. It was a private seller, and truthfully, it's not hs problem. I'm sure he could facilitate me, but that's just adding extra complications to it.

Advertisement