Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple uk and buying from them

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Seems my phones have been despatched to PM! Will know for sure tomorrow I suppose.

What's the story with PM Extended Liability? I've never had to use it before. Is it necessary? Do most people use it? Just saw it mentioned here somewhere yesterday and had never even heard of it before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

chrislad wrote: »
    Slightly unrelated but people here may know. I bought a 6S Plus a few months ago second hand from a UK seller. It had AppleCare+ on it and it's still active for a couple more years. Recently my battery is dying abruptly. Normally about 25% it will die but today it did it at 55%. I plugged it in and it came on instantly with 55% showing.

I tried to set up a repair and I was told via the site that consumer laws didn't apply as it was an international purchase. I've not rang Apple yet but does anyone have experience dealing with them on this?

Try calling the Belfast store and see what they say
    I was told via the site that consumer laws didn't apply as it was an international purchase

I find the above bizarre.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I find the above bizarre.

Why? Why would Irish Consumer Law cover something brought from the UK?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Advertisement