If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" Samsung UE65KS8000 - Bought 11th Sept

Options
  • 01-10-2016 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Recently bought one of these sets from you. I paid 2,200 pounds and despite requesting, I wasn't offered any discount. To see that the TV has now been reduced to 2,000 pounds less than 3 weeks later, in the context of no discount being offered, it somewhat disappointing.

Is there anything that you can do for a loyal customer? 

Regards
    Luke

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

Recently bought one of these sets from you. I paid 2,200 pounds and despite requesting, I wasn't offered any discount. To see that the TV has now been reduced to 2,000 pounds less than 3 weeks later, in the context of no discount being offered, it somewhat disappointing.

Regards
    Luke
    Hi Luke.

First of all thank you for purchasing with us to begin with.

We can not always offer discount on all of our sale and TV's usually do not have great margin to begin with.
    I/we always try to give boardies the best deal where possible.

We never have any knowledge of when prices are going to change as they change both up and down so often.

We do honour prices changes up to 7 days after purchase.

I will have a check with the powers higher up to see if there is anything that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Luke
    Hi Luke.

We can not always offer discount on all of our sale and TV's usually do not have great margin to begin with.

We never have any knowledge of when prices are going to change as they change both up and down so often.

I will have a check with the powers higher up to see if there is anything that can be done.
    Cheers Kenny.

Hi Guys,

Regards
    Luke
    Hi Luke.

Cheers Kenny.
    Hey Jesus_thats_great.

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about you ;)

Will give you a shout on the Playbar very soon.

Hi Kenny,

Cheers for the Sonos Playbar. I am very impressed with it so far. 

Onto my next purchase..... I am interested in buying the Sonos Sub and curious if you can do me a deal on it :)

Also, do you have them in stock in your Belfast store. Tempted to spin up this weekend if you your price is favorable :)

Regards
    Luke

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Kenny,

Onto my next purchase..... I am interested in buying the Sonos Sub and curious if you can do me a deal on it :)

Also, do you have them in stock in your Belfast store. Tempted to spin up this weekend if you your price is favorable :)

Regards
    Luke
    Hi Luke, glad to hear you're loving the Playbar

We have the Gen2 Sub in stock in black, currently listed at £599, I could do it at £579 for you if you wanted?

One other option to throw in, we do have an ex display of the gen 1 sub in black, which is in immaculate condition, with original box and accessories, and warranty, I could do for you at £499 if that was of any interest?

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Luke
    J.T.G,

;)  Pm coming at ya,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Luke
    J.T.G,

;)  Pm coming at ya,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Just responded there. Will take the Gen 1 Sonos Sub from you!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Luke
    J.T.G,

;)  Pm coming at ya,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Cheers JTG

Hi Kenny,

Regards
    Luke
    J.T.G,

;)  Pm coming at ya,

ATVB,

John Mc
    Cheers JTG
    Keep bumping this thread as it keeps producing :)

Trying to settle on a solution to mount the TV on the wall. I purchased the Samsung WMN550m (somewhat blindly) and upon reading the instructions, I appear to be missing the mounting screws that are bundled with the TV. 

Firstly, can you guys help with this problem? Happy to pay as I suspect I lost them. 

Back to the mount. While is officially supports my TV, I have read some dodgy feedback in terms of compatibility so I am somewhat hesitant. Have you guys any experience with this mount (it refers to the mount screws in the instructions). 

Alternatively, do you guys have any low profile mounts to suite this tv - really want to keep it flush to the wall? If so, do you also happen to have one that would also support a sound bar - specifically as a Sonos Playbar.

Thanks in advance.

jTG,

thanks for the post and sorry for taking so long to get back to you :o 

TBH I dont know that Samsung mount at all - in the 1st instance even tho' we didnt supply it I'll happily send you a full screw kit from one of our bracket packs? 

Just drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll get that sorted for you ( kick me if necessary as we really are up to our ears at the moment!)

If you decide to do the sensible thing  and buy a shiny new bracket from us :D the Sanus VLL5 is a super bracket and we sue it in all our top end installs:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx?swapstore=1

Its £59.95 but a sneaky €48.99 including shipping so its a great deal in YoYo!

There is a dedicated bracket for the Sonos Playbar and again its really far cheaper on our local site in Yoyo:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12135-playbar-wall-mount.aspx?swapstore=1

But if you wanted an all Sanus solution and to drill less 'oles then we have a Sanus Sound bar extension that will fit to the VLL5 and is probably less work:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200135-fpa405-b2.aspx?swapstore=1

..But if it was me I'd get the drill & measuring take out and go with the VLL5 / Proper playbar mount..

Thanks as ever and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

jTG,

thanks for the post and sorry for taking so long to get back to you :o 

TBH I dont know that Samsung mount at all - in the 1st instance even tho' we didnt supply it I'll happily send you a full screw kit from one of our bracket packs? 

Just drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie with your contact details and I'll get that sorted for you ( kick me if necessary as we really are up to our ears at the moment!)

If you decide to do the sensible thing  and buy a shiny new bracket from us :D the Sanus VLL5 is a super bracket and we sue it in all our top end installs:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12678-vll5.aspx?swapstore=1

Its £59.95 but a sneaky €48.99 including shipping so its a great deal in YoYo!

There is a dedicated bracket for the Sonos Playbar and again its really far cheaper on our local site in Yoyo:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12135-playbar-wall-mount.aspx?swapstore=1

But if you wanted an all Sanus solution and to drill less 'oles then we have a Sanus Sound bar extension that will fit to the VLL5 and is probably less work:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200135-fpa405-b2.aspx?swapstore=1

..But if it was me I'd get the drill & measuring take out and go with the VLL5 / Proper playbar mount..

Thanks as ever and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John,

Awesome response as always.

The screw that I am referring too seem to be specific to the TV, i.e. appear to have been bundled with the TV itself. Have attached snaps of the manual.

Looking at the manual made me remember the safe place that I stored them in, i.e. the OneConnect box :)

Let me figure out what to do about the mount. Despite the chimney breast being conveniently pre-wired when originally built, there is only plaster board above the fireplace, i.e. gap between the first wooden stud to the left and concrete blocks blocks to the right seems to have been designed by moses. Link to a photo that describes the problem below.

http://imgur.com/a/Lt4Ba

So, I need to decide whether to retrospectively add horizontal studs (sizeable enough piece of work) or add some sort of bracing on the surface of the wall between the first wooden stud and the concrete blocks - mount a low profile bracket directly onto this. The bracing would be concealed completely by the TV.

I have secondary problem in that AV devices will be stored in a cabinet to the right of the chimney breast. So, I also need to run the OneConnect cable and an Optical cable (Sonos Playbar) back to the TV. To be honest, the chimney being pre-wired with Speaker (centre speaker), HDMI, Power and Ethernet was initially a wonderful thing. The way it is routed though pretty much makes it impossible retrospectively add cabling without major construction work.As such, I will have to run the 2 cables about the edge of the chimney breast and conceal it with some trunking.

Not sure why I wrote all of that, guess I am trying to get my thoughts clear on the subject :D

Let me figure out what to do about the mount. Despite the chimney breast being conveniently pre-wired when originally built, there is only plaster board above the fireplace, i.e. gap between the first wooden stud to the left and concrete blocks blocks to the right seems to have been designed by moses. Link to a photo that describes the problem below.

So, I need to decide whether to retrospectively add horizontal studs (sizeable enough piece of work) or add some sort of bracing on the surface of the wall between the first wooden stud and the concrete blocks - mount a low profile bracket directly onto this. The bracing would be concealed completely by the TV.

I have secondary problem in that AV devices will be stored in a cabinet to the right of the chimney breast. So, I also need to run the OneConnect cable and an Optical cable (Sonos Playbar) back to the TV. To be honest, the chimney being pre-wired with Speaker (centre speaker), HDMI, Power and Ethernet was initially a wonderful thing. The way it is routed though pretty much makes it impossible retrospectively add cabling without major construction work.As such, I will have to run the 2 cables about the edge of the chimney breast and conceal it with some trunking.

Not sure why I wrote all of that, guess I am trying to get my thoughts clear on the subject :D
    Hey Jesus_thas_gre

Just a quick thought for you.

If the speaker cable already in the chimney breast is run back to the cabinet it may be possible to use this as a draw string and attached new cables to one end and pull it through (also adding a new bit of speaker cable to replace the one you are pulling out).

Hope this makes sense?

Hey Jesus_thas_gre

Just a quick thought for you.

If the speaker cable already in the chimney breast is run back to the cabinet it may be possible to use this as a draw string and attached new cables to one end and pull it through (also adding a new bit of speaker cable to replace the one you are pulling out).

Hope this makes sense?
    Good call on that idea. 

Not sure if Samsung have an 8 metre plus OneConnect cable :)

Jesus,

now thats a bit of a conundrum - as far as I have seen there is only a 3M one connect cable - but I honestly cant believe that! I'll try to check it out for you direct with Samsung - the one fly in the ointment is that the One connect box is powered so the max cable length MAY be 3M to allow it to switch sources reliably.

On the actual mounting of the TV - assuming that you are using a decent bracket and the best available fixings and you have one stud available at one side and a solid wall at the other side of the bracket mount I would think that installing additional studs is overkill - I think you will get a completely adequate fixing once you secure the bracket to your two fixed mounting points top & bottom... and of course also secure to the plaster board in the middle with good quality Driva or Spring toggle fixings.

In terms of your one connect issue of course you have several options - you can bring all the HDMI up to the back of the TV and mount your one connect directly behind the TV? of course this option may mean serious work pulling cables and sometimes this just isn't possible without pulling the walls apart ( esp with HDMI as the head is quite large and the possibility of cable damage is high!)

If it was me I would use an AV Receiver where all your cables come to do do the actual switching - then use your existing single HDMI to link the AVR to the shiny new TV and as an added bonus throw in a few speakers and you will have great audio quality!

I know you already have the Sonos - but we would be happy to sort that out for you to get over this issue,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.