Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got banned for calling cheaters of the game scumbags

Options
  • 01-10-2016 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

I pointed out that those who cheated in the AI Final were scumbags. Got banned straight away even though its true. I was told in PMs that I can't call them scumbags, even though they don't know me, I don't know them and nobody was offended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please discuss with the mod first. If you can't sort it out between you - come back here & a CMod will hear your appeal.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Please discuss with the mod first. If you can't sort it out between you - come back here & a CMod will hear your appeal.

tHB

Already discussed. I was told that I cannot call them scumbags. As a person who posts on here about once a week I find it quite lazy that a moderator simply tells people to goto an old, unused thread which is done with to view the rules of a completely different thread.

Wow! That was quick. I'll direct a CMod to this to look into in further.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Already discussed. I was told that I cannot call them scumbags. As a person who posts on here about once a week I find it quite lazy that a moderator simply tells people to goto an old, unused thread which is done with to view the rules of a completely different thread.
    OK, I'll take a look at this

I note your above comments. The thread title for today's game requested posters read the OP of that thread. Did you do so before calling anyone (whether on boards or players of the game) "scumbags"?

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I'll take a look at this

I note your above comments. The thread title for today's game requested posters read the OP of that thread. Did you do so before calling anyone (whether on boards or players of the game) "scumbags"?

Yes I did. It stated that the same rules apply from the last thread.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Yes I did. It stated that the same rules apply from the last thread.
    Did you read the rules set out in the OP of the original thread? If not, why not, as the mod note made it clear the same rules would apply?

Did you read the rules set out in the OP of the original thread? If not, why not, as the mod note made it clear the same rules would apply?

I know the rules. Don't create any arguments or hostility with other posters etc. I simply used an adjective to describe cheats.

The rules were stated quite clearly in the OP of the earlier thread (a thread you also posted in). Indeed this was the warning given
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    Here's the usual mod note:
    No personal abuse of other posters. No name calling of players or managers. Generally calling a player (or manager) variants of sc*m(bag), kn***er, etc. (ye can probably think of more colourful ones) will get you carded/banned. If you've come to our attention recently, any indiscretions will likely get you banned.
    To whoever wins: For the love of jaysus will ye win gracefully!!! Ye have just won Sam Maguire! Rubbing the opposition's nose in it should be the last thing on your mind.

Additional mod note here.

Enjoy the game.
    You presumably appreciate the rationale behind such a warning? Basically throwing such comments at players is going to wind up fans of the relevant club/player(s) - that's trolling. This is the biggest game of the season and doing it in these threads is going to wind up even more posters.

I am certainly not seeing any issue with the mod's actions here. You chose to ignore the warnings and troll other users. You therefore face the consequences as set out in the mod warning repeated above.

The rules were stated quite clearly in the OP of the earlier thread (a thread you also posted in). Indeed this was the warning given

You presumably appreciate the rationale behind such a warning? Basically throwing such comments at players is going to wind up fans of the relevant club/player(s) - that's trolling. This is the biggest game of the season and doing it in these threads is going to wind up even more posters.

I am certainly not seeing any issue with the mod's actions here. You chose to ignore the warnings and troll other users. You therefore face the consequences as set out in the mod warning repeated above.

A ban after one violation is beyond comprehension.

You chose not to follow the rules. There is zero tolerance in such a high profile match and you were treated in exactly the same way as other posters who transgressed.

Ban upheld.

• Advertisement

This was the warning given (emphasis mine).
    ...Personal abuse, deliberate trolling and flaming comments as well as any breaches of the forum charter will see yourself banned - there is zero tolerance for it.

Think before you post

I have to agree with Beasty - I find no fault with the mod action on this.

Ban upheld.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement