Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For 100 km spin before the year ends.

Options
  • 01-10-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm only back on the bike 3 months. One of my personal goals for the year is to do a 100 km sportif/ charity spin. There just dosn't seem to be anything going on that I know about.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Maybe do the Dublin Bike Ride route. A great route!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

I'm looking for a sportif or a club/group spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cjonesy1

Did you look at the calendar above?

I did but the CI calendar dosn't give a lot of detail for most of the events and that's why I'm asking here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Leitrim village tomorrow morning at 9am. 103km, 1050m of climbing...dry weather forecast....nice and cool.... there ye go!
    And Castlecomer the weekend after next, 100k event. (ye didn't mention where ye might be based)
    Sorted :-)

Thanks andy69. I'm in Celbridge but don't mind traveling for a spin. And if its in aid of a good charity all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Thanks andy69. I'm in Celbridge but don't mind traveling for a spin. And if its in aid of a good charity all the better.

No bother ;-) tomorrow is raising funds for charity through Leitrim Cycling Club...you can see their details in their FB page. Probably a bit late to be finding out about it now as ye'd have to be on the road for like 6:30 in the morning. Not sure for the Castlecomer one, but on that weekend in Clonee I think there is one raising funds for families that have lost loved ones cycling (don't think there is a 100k route but it's a very nice cause)

I don't think the 16th would be a great day for me. My engagement party is on the night of the 15th so I can't see myself doing anything involving poeple. sound or daylight on the 16th lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Celbridge Cycling Club might have something? http://www.sttiernanscc.com/tag/celbridge/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Can you not just jump in the bike and head off in your own ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

ted1 wrote: »
    Can you not just jump in the bike and head off in your own ?

See above ^^^

Advertisement