Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1k Loan - Credit Union or AIB

• 02-10-2016 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So I am looking for a loan of 1k over 24 months. I currently have a loan with the credit union. It was 4 k loan with 2k savings in credit union. I payed off 2k and then got another 1k loan which I have now paid off.

So I owe 2k and have 2k savings in Credit Union. I am now looking to get another 1k loan.

Am I correct in thinking getting loans and paying them off without missing payments etc is a good thing for credit rating/future mortgage applications etc?

I am wondering also if this is the case, is it better to get a loan of my bank rather than a credit union? The repayment amount and interest are pretty much the same. Might even be a little higher in the credit union if they dont give me the home improvment interest rate and keep me on the current personal loan interest rate

Cheers

Advertisement