Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Device Jobs Cork

Options
  • 02-10-2016 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a job in a Medical Device/Pharma company in Cork, just as an operator. I have years of experience in the field. Anyhow, I'm looking for straight days, Mon to Fri.

Can anybody tell me the best companies in Cork to work for and also do i need to contact a recruitment agency or the HR department of said company.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Key phrase is straight days. If you were willing to work shift you'd have more options

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

horgan_p wrote: »
    Key phrase is straight days. If you were willing to work shift you'd have more options

So I believe but I have a young son to look after in the evening time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stryker is in the middle of building a large med device plant in carrigtwohill (3D printed joints I think I heard?), so are bound to be on some hiring drive. I don't know what the shift would be though.

Some places do a day shift 7am-7pm for days only, no nights. Some places have team leads or manufacturing support operatives who work 9-5 days to support the shift teams, or liase with quality dept or tech transfer, so you might find something like that.

There are a lot of pharma places in cork anyway, and loads of them are hiring nearly constantly as people move around. Send CV's in to them I'd say, and once you have a chat you can see what's available.

Try the J&J group (De puy, janssen, centocor etc), GE, Stryker, Gilead, Pfizer, Merck, Lilly, GSK, Boston Scientific, Abbvie, Biomarin, Novartis... there are loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

pwurple wrote: »
    Stryker is in the middle of building a large med device plant in carrigtwohill (3D printed joints I think I heard?), so are bound to be on some hiring drive. I don't know what the shift would be though.

Some places do a day shift 7am-7pm for days only, no nights. Some places have team leads or manufacturing support operatives who work 9-5 days to support the shift teams, or liase with quality dept or tech transfer, so you might find something like that.

There are a lot of pharma places in cork anyway, and loads of them are hiring nearly constantly as people move around. Send CV's in to them I'd say, and once you have a chat you can see what's available.

Try the J&J group (De puy, janssen, centocor etc), GE, Stryker, Gilead, Pfizer, Merck, Lilly, GSK, Boston Scientific, Abbvie, Biomarin, Novartis... there are loads.

I'll get in this right away. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

pwurple wrote: »

Is it recruitment agency's that recruit for these companies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Read the title of this thread and thought good for you medical device! Trying to make it on your own in the city.

Boston Scientific have a permanent day shift, 7am to 3/4pm or something along those lines, I think it's Kelly Services land people in there, pay wouldn't be wonderful.

Stryker Neuro alongside Boston Scientific do similar I think, no idea re hiring there.

Advertisement