Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with apartment - no central heating

Options
  • 02-10-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wanted to know the best way to deal with this issue. We recently moved apartment (renting). From day 1 we had no water pressure in the bathroom and no central heating - showering was impossible. I repeatedly emailed the letting agent who we deal with (rather than the LL). Eventually a plumber/handyman was sent who installed a pump - this fixed the water pressure problem.

We have immersion but only a sink option so we get hot water for about 5 minutes before it runs out, our heating still doesn't work and it's starting to get cold.

Besides emailing the letting agent again and again (they've straight up ignored my last few emails) is there anything else we can do to get this resolved?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Wanted to know the best way to deal with this issue. We recently moved apartment (renting). From day 1 we had no water pressure in the bathroom and no central heating - showering was impossible. I repeatedly emailed the letting agent who we deal with (rather than the LL). Eventually a plumber/handyman was sent who installed a pump - this fixed the water pressure problem.

We have immersion but only a sink option so we get hot water for about 5 minutes before it runs out, our heating still doesn't work and it's starting to get cold.

Besides emailing the letting agent again and again (they've straight up ignored my last few emails) is there anything else we can do to get this resolved?

Thanks

Prtb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

File a dispute with the RTB. Contact the landlord, by letter, and give them a reasonible time to get the issue fixed (7 days should be fine).

A letter works a lot better than email or phonecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Paulw wrote: »
    File a dispute with the RTB. Contact the landlord, by letter, and give them a reasonible time to get the issue fixed (7 days should be fine).

A letter works a lot better than email or phonecall.

Should I send the letter first and allow the 7 days to elapse before filing the dispute?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd send the letter first, but no harm filing with the RTB anyway, since they can take time to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Paulw wrote: »
    I'd send the letter first, but no harm filing with the RTB anyway, since they can take time to respond.

The unfortunate problem is we know next to nothing about our landlord, we're not even sure on their name. I have a feeling the letting agent will just ignore another email requesting the information and I know we can't even file a complaint without those details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Don't send any more emails, get into the letting agents office in person. You'll be harder to ignore

Advertisement