Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Classic - water damage

Options
  • 02-10-2016 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all

Maybe someone can offer any advice?

Being the genius I am, I was out jogging in the rain yesterday morning and my iPod classic (it's the last version they made before they stopped making them) got wet in my pocket.

It won't turn on now, but when I have it plugged into charge its on and works fine. Any suggestions? It's currently in the hot press hoping that does the trick.

Any other ideas?

Cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

CPSW wrote: »
    ...got wet in my pocket.

It won't turn on now, but when I have it plugged into charge its on and works fine.

There is no easy fix for water damage unfortunately - water can corrode the tracks and can put mineral deposits on components causing shorts. But if you are lucky it might be just damp and will dryout.

The best thing you can do though is not to power it on until its completely dry - powering it while wet could cause further damage.
    You can buy a water damage rescue bag in some pound-shops etc. or some folk have had success drying it by putting in a bag of rice for a few days.

Some shops can get it working by disassembling and giving just the circuit boards an alcohol bath to drive out all the water - the alcohol is then evaporated off.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Thanks for your reply and advice, will definitely look in the pound shops for one of those rescue bags for the future!

I think it was just damp, tried the old rice in a sealed lunchbox trick and left it in the hot press for a couple of days, charged it up and its working perfectly now.

Thanks again!

Advertisement