Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear/Front Jack Port Not Working - Win7

Options
  • 02-10-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

As the title says, my front and rear audio panels are not working.

Came home on Friday and there had been a power cut, rebooted in safe mode and restarted.. everything was fine apart from the audio.

Red X in the bottom right over the audio volume logo, 'speakers not plugged in'. The speakers were plugged in, so thought it was a dodgy cable going from the speakers to the rear panel on the computer. Changed out the cable and still got 'speakers not plugged in'. The speakers are 100% working, I have tested the usual set AND another set of speakers on both front and back and still getting 'not plugged in'.

I have uninstalled, rolled back the drivers, rebooted and installed the newest drivers, disabled and enabled in the BIOS and still nothing. It's on-board sound from the Gigabyte
    GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H
    board.

I gave a look at the green port on the rear panel (usual port for the speakers) and it seems to be fine, not loose etc.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, have searched the whole of google at this stage and nothing has helped. Could the powercut have caused a problem? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Here are a few screens just to show :

398141.PNG

When I click on the volume logo, I get the option to enable or disable 'realtek high definition audio'. When I enable, this is what I get :

Still no sound, I'm using VGA from the monitor to the tower.

398142.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Can you playback sound in something like Audacity and check if it's showing the waveform?

mordeith wrote: »
    Can you playback sound in something like Audacity and check if it's showing the waveform?

Cheers for the reply!

Opened Audacity and brought in an mp3, wave form is showing in the green. No sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Cheers for the reply!

Opened Audacity and brought in an mp3, wave form is showing in the green. No sound!

So it would appear not to be a software issue. Is there only onboard sound in the pc? Is there cables running from the mobo to the ports?

mordeith wrote: »
    So it would appear not to be a software issue. Is there only onboard sound in the pc? Is there cables running from the mobo to the ports?

Just upgraded to win 10 to see if there was any change and nada :o

Had a look inside the case and I can't physically see any cables due to the stainless steel box around the rear of the connector which is connected to the mobo.

I'm going to get my hands on a sound card tonight and try it out, here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My guess would be a pre-amp may have blown during the power outage.

Connect your phone to the speakers, see if they work. If so buy a €10 sound card.

ED E wrote: »
    My guess would be a pre-amp may have blown during the power outage.

Connect your phone to the speakers, see if they work. If so buy a €10 sound card.

Speakers are 100% working, connected the phone and they are playing away. New sound card it is... :o

Advertisement