Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa - Canadian Pension Entitlement

• 02-10-2016 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi,

Two years ago I worked in British Columbia for 4 months.

Does this mean I have any right to claim a Canadian pension upon retirement in Ireland?

Thanks,
    Hugo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Apart from mentioning the country, you have provided zero information like whether you were in the public or private sector and whether you made any contributions etc. etc. But even if you did, I doubt if there are many people on board who are up to speed on Canadian pensions.

In most environments, you will accumulate no entitlements if you leave before you have clocked up a minimum level of service and my guess is that 4 months will get you no benefit whatsoever. At best you can ask for a refund of any contributions you made but it's highly unlikely you will get a pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭jackinthemix94

Advertisement