Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 6s screen replacement

Options
  • 02-10-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an iPhone 6s 64gb which I purchased in march of this year. Bought the phone in full through work as I always get a cheaper better plan as a sim only plan. All been working perfect but my friend advised me I should get insurance on it. I purchased through gadget insurance in late August. Was out last night and dropped the phone and I destroyed the screen. Mainly took out the insurance incase I lost or had the phone robbed. I rang around today to get a screen replacement to be told it's 230e at a minimum for a 6s screen. Is this normal. Main question I am asking is how soon can you now make a claim off gadget insurance for a screen replacement. Am gutted this evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Apple Devices forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buaigh

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to the Apple Devices forum

dudara

New to this so not sure where I was posting it
    Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

14 days it seems, so you are fine

Am I covered straight away?
    This policy does not cover any claim made, or any event causing the need for a claim to be made, that occurs within the first 14 days of the start date of the policy or the first 14 days of any amendment to your policy. This also applies if you add loss cover after inception of the policy. If your electronic gadget is less than 3 months old on the date you insure it, then this clause does not apply and your cover begins immediately.

https://www.gadgetinsurance.com/ie/Pages/FAQs.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Buaigh wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 6s 64gb which I purchased in march of this year. Bought the phone in full through work as I always get a cheaper better plan as a sim only plan. All been working perfect but my friend advised me I should get insurance on it. I purchased through gadget insurance in late August. Was out last night and dropped the phone and I destroyed the screen. Mainly took out the insurance incase I lost or had the phone robbed. I rang around today to get a screen replacement to be told it's 230e at a minimum for a 6s screen. Is this normal. Main question I am asking is how soon can you now make a claim off gadget insurance for a screen replacement. Am gutted this evening

I have the same phone and have insurance with gadget insurance as well , would like to know how you get on with your claim .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mynextdevice

Contact Apple they charge a good price for the repair of the 6s screen 150 compared to the repair shops and won't void your warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I recently contacted Apple online about a screen repair on a 6. They told me I should be able to bring it to an authorised Apple dealer and they could fix it there and then in store for €100.
    So popped into CompuB in Dundrum where I was told that they would have to send it off to Apple and it would take around 7 days and it cost €175! :mad: Ehhhhh, no thanks!

I'm currently looking at screen repair cause my broken glass screen has now damaged the actual display so I'm looking at Fixiy. Is this something you could look at OP? I'd say your insurance will cover it though.

Advertisement