Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inventory check when rent an apartment

Options
  • 02-10-2016 6:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭

I was wondering if the onus of an inventory check when moving into a new apartment is on the landlord/agency or the tenant. When I moved into my new apartment I was given a form and for the first 7 days list things I wasn't happy with so you couldn't be blamed for causing them. Like broken shower head , reefed couch cover , marks on the wall , carpet stains etc. However I have recently been led to believe that this is not the way it should be done at all because if the landlord finds something you missed then you are liable for it even though you might have just missed it. Instead its the landlord that's supposed to do the list, you go over it and if something is found that was not on the landlords original list than its tough luck on him, would appreciate opinons

Advertisement