Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bat file to clear history

Options
  • 02-10-2016 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Could someone tell me the code for a bat file to clear history in firefox

history/clear recent history
    time range everything
    tick cookiescache/active login/offline website data

as in screenshot

So when I click the file it will do all that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Could someone tell me the code for a bat file to clear history in firefox

history/clear recent history
    time range everything
    tick cookiescache/active login/offline website data

as in screenshot

So when I click the file it will do all that

Does incognito mode/private mode not so this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jenny smith

RedXIV wrote: »
    Won't that delete everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Won't that delete everything?

It's deleting all the files created by Firefox as you use the browser. Won't delete the browser itself if that is what you mean?

RedXIV wrote: »
    It's deleting all the files created by Firefox as you use the browser. Won't delete the browser itself if that is what you mean?

No. I meant will it delete all history? I only want what is checked in screenshot of OP deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You can go into the settings of firefox and tell it to delete cookies, cache, active logins and offline web data whenever you close firefox. Preferences -> Privacy -> History -> Use customs settings for history -> clear history when firefox closes -> settings.

I'm also sure there is an add-on for firefox to do this too. A one button click to remove whatever subset you want. Using bat files is not the way to do this...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

There's a infamous program called bleachbit( crooked hillary uses it.)
    https://www.bleachbit.org/
    its small and free
    1)download it and install it

2)write the bat file
    https://www.bleachbit.org/documentation/command-line
    rem program example.bat
    rem Just delete the lines you want to keep
    @echo off
    echo Start
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.cookies
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.cache
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.backup
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.crash_reports
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.dom
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.download_history
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.forms
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.passwords
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.session_restore
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.site_preferences
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.url_history
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.vacuum
    echo Finish
    pause

note --clean firefox.* (gets rid of everything)

Backup files: Delete the backup files

Cache: Delete the web cache, which reduces time to display revisited pages

Cookies: Delete cookies, which contain information such as web site preferences, authentication, and tracking identification

Crash reports: Delete the files

DOM Storage: Delete HTML5 cookies

Download history: List of files downloaded

Form history: A history of forms entered in web sites and in the Search bar

Passwords: A database of usernames and passwords as well as a list of sites that should not store passwords

Session restore: Loads the initial session after the browser closes or crashes

Site preferences: Settings for individual sites

URL history: List of visited web pages

Vacuum: Clean database fragmentation to reduce space and improve speed without removing any data

Keplar240B wrote: »
    There's a infamous program called bleachbit( crooked hillary uses it.)
    https://www.bleachbit.org/
    its small and free
    1)download it and install it

2)write the bat file
    https://www.bleachbit.org/documentation/command-line
    #program example.bat
    #Just delete the lines you want to keep
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.cookies
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.cache
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.backup
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.crash_reports
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.dom
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.download_history
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.forms
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.passwords
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.session_restore
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.site_preferences
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.url_history
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\BleachBit\bleachbit_console.exe" --clean firefox.vacuum

note --clean firefox.* (gets rid of everything)

Backup files: Delete the backup files

Cache: Delete the web cache, which reduces time to display revisited pages

Cookies: Delete cookies, which contain information such as web site preferences, authentication, and tracking identification

Crash reports: Delete the files

DOM Storage: Delete HTML5 cookies

Download history: List of files downloaded

Form history: A history of forms entered in web sites and in the Search bar

Passwords: A database of usernames and passwords as well as a list of sites that should not store passwords

Session restore: Loads the initial session after the browser closes or crashes

Site preferences: Settings for individual sites

URL history: List of visited web pages

Vacuum: Clean database fragmentation to reduce space and improve speed without removing any data
    Why does it say choose a writable folder for each drive for which to over write free space? Why only one folder? Isn't there free space potentially everywhere. Is free space the same as slack space?

Why does it say choose a writable folder for each drive for which to over write free space? Why only one folder? Isn't there free space potentially everywhere. Is free space the same as slack space?

You mean when you using the bleachbit GUI(graphical user interface) not the command line here right?
    I think you are pressing file and then the shred and wipe options , instead
    Select the options you want and Press the "Clean" button
    bleachbit_095_windows8.png
    BleachBit videos are tutorials which teach you how to use the software while demonstrating its unique features.
    https://www.bleachbit.org/videos

You mean when you using the bleachbit GUI(graphical user interface) not the command line here right?
    I think you are pressing file and then the shred and wipe options , instead
    Select the options you want and Press the "Clean" button
    bleachbit_095_windows8.png

https://www.bleachbit.org/videos
    The GUI on the portable one. Edit/Preferences/Drives

I am wary of trusting a free program to clear free space etc. Paragon Hard Disk Manager has such a function and it is not free

I would like to know how to use the bat file properly. I have extension to delete cookies but want to learn how to do it my self

• Advertisement

I am wary of trusting a free program to clear free space etc.

I would like to know how to use the bat file properly. I have extension to delete cookies but want to learn how to do it my self

Bleachbit is very widely used program, hillary clinton used it to delete her mails.

Here the bat file
    rename and change the .txt to .bat
    Then run it

Bleachbit is very widely used program, hillary clinton used it to delete her mails.

Here the bat file
    rename and change the .txt to .bat
    Then run it
    Thanks. saw about Hilary. Why is it free as so widely used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Thanks. saw about Hilary. Why is it free as so widely used

Not everyone wants to make money - the author of BleachBit has licensed it as GNU and seems to like the fact that it can delete things so the NSA/FBI can't recover them.

Advertisement