Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Bisping v Henderson 2 (Event Discussion)

• 02-10-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's a large thread here which has everything regarding travel, tickets, meeting up etc.

cea6521be31ca48a6ad179ad2755585a.png

Date: Saturday 8th October
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport), Main Card (3am, BT Sport)
    Venue: Manchester, England
    Odds: Bisping (4/9) v Henderson (2/1)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 63 votes

Bisping via KO/TKO
    0%
    Bisping via Decision
    46%
    thegamecalifanoslicus ricusChrisMmailburnerxtal191davywalsh7HokiMartyMcFly84winston82cripesonfridayshanec1928smilerfjackwiganbennyl10JJayooriceroseiphildarcedjoshrogan 29 votes
    Bisping via Submission
    22%
    mdwexfordKJMellorironictoastercallaway92HazysDepp3hn2givr7mx1scSwashbucklerMr. ManagerR.F.maximooseJR6gc2685 14 votes
    Henderson via KO/TKO
    0%
    Henderson via Decision
    31%
    Chongshrapnel222phily2002scudzillaDancorpauldoonot yetZero-Coolbut1ershocksyempachermartinbeTiniecsallmightybur[Deleted User]Hon the DubsTimRigginsSubcomandante MarcosNever wrestle with pigs 20 votes
    Henderson via Submission
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bisping via Submission
    Saw Bisping's fight against Silva and it was the best fight I've ever seen in person so I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

The Belfort Mousasi fight has potential to be a cracker.

Can't wait (even though I hate the time the event is on of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Henderson via Decision
    Probably the worst PPV card of the year. Prelims are grand with the British contingent but that main card is horrendous.

I had a big feeling that Bisping was gonna beat Rockhold have the same feeling that Hendo will KO Bisping. I think theres alot of pressure on Mike and I can see him overcommiting to the knockout early on and getting caught again. Really hope i'm wrong though as I'd love to see Bisping finish him.

Bisping via Submission
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    Probably the worst PPV card of the year. Prelims are grand with the British contingent but that main card is horrendous.

I had a big feeling that Bisping was gonna beat Rockhold have the same feeling that Hendo will KO Bisping. I think theres alot of pressure on Mike and I can see him overcommiting to the knockout early on and getting caught again. Really hope i'm wrong though as I'd love to see Bisping finish him.

He has said himself he expects to finish Hendo in the later rounds so I seriously doubt he'll be rushing in.

I have Bisping by decision btw.

Henderson via Decision
    callaway92 wrote: »
    He has said himself he expects to finish Hendo in the later rounds so I seriously doubt he'll be rushing in.

I have Bisping by decision btw.

Easy to say that now though. Different story when he has the whole arena hammered drunk roaring him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping via Decision
    Its been a long time since I've watched the first fight in its entirety. Looking at it now, I would say that in terms of movement, head movement and counter striking, Bisping has improved tenfold.

Comparing him in his recent fights to how he was back then is really like watching two different fighters IMO.

I'm a huge fan of his, always have been and I hope he gets a big big win next weekend, but I'd love to see him call it a day soon as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Bisping via Submission
    If I keep posting this it will come true eventually.
    No shame in saying I'm a Bisping fan. Let's have it. TKO in the 2nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

Looking forward to both Tumenov and Brad Pickett''s fights. Mike Perry seems to have an ironic following but I hope he loses.

This is a fight so anything can happen (obviously) but it would be a shock to see Henderson win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Bisping via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Its been a long time since I've watched the first fight in its entirety. Looking at it now, I would say that in terms of movement, head movement and counter striking, Bisping has improved tenfold.

Comparing him in his recent fights to how he was back then is really like watching two different fighters IMO.

I'm a huge fan of his, always have been and I hope he gets a big big win next weekend, but I'd love to see him call it a day soon as well.

aye he's come on hugely! he comes out near the level he did for the silva fight hendo hasnt a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Watching the destiny doc on YouTube. Really have a lot of time for bisping. Hope he does the job on Saturday. First event I'll be attending in person, atmosphere should be unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone else surprised Henderson is as short a price as he is for this one?

Best odds of 2/1, with the majority having him 7/4 and he's also available as short as 13/8 with a few others.

It's not that I don't give him a chance as one shot changes everything, but he's a 46 year old who has gone 3-6 in his last 9 fights over the last 3 and a half years and lets be honest, he looks shot to bits. I know he won in the end, but only 4 months ago he was so, so close to being stopped via submission and then ground and pound by Hector Lombard.

I'd have Henderson priced nearer the 4/1 or 9/2 mark here. I don't think it's near as close as the bookies suggest.

• Advertisement

Bisping via Submission

Bisping via Submission
    anyone else get the feeling mousasi is the lock of the night? dont think the current itteration of vitor has anything for him!

Bisping via Submission
    Depp wrote: »
    anyone else get the feeling mousasi is the lock of the night? dont think the current itteration of vitor has anything for him!

Not even near lock of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bisping via Decision

yep
    stone cold certainty imo
    was thinking of doing the bisbing/mousasi double

agree hendos price seems awful skinny also and i'd be surprised
    if osp couldnt beat manuwa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bisping via Decision
    Bisping by tko or submission 5/6 on the paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bisping via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »

Best odds of 2/1, with the majority having him 7/4 and he's also available as short as 13/8 with a few others.

It's not that I don't give him a chance as one shot changes everything, but he's a 46 year old who has gone 3-6 in his last 9 fights over the last 3 and a half years and lets be honest, he looks shot to bits. I know he won in the end, but only 4 months ago he was so, so close to being stopped via submission and then ground and pound by Hector Lombard.

I'd have Henderson priced nearer the 4/1 or 9/2 mark here. I don't think it's near as close as the bookies suggest.

100% agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'll be backing Bisping to win even though I'd love to see Hendo spark him again.

Interested to see how Vitor is. He could be very badly beaten if he doesn't find some form of old.

I always enjoy a Pickett brawl - does anybody fancy his chances?

Perry won well last time out. Himself and his backroom don't come across as the most likeable of folk but I'll overlook that for another highlight finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Bisping via Decision
    What odds are being touted for another H bomb?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Bisping via Decision
    The destiny documentary is great. Also his youngest kid is hilarious predicting he'll lose every fight haha.

Wouldn't be suprised if there was loads of upsets at this event due to the time it's at, a lot of fighters will have issues adjusting their body clocks to fighting at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Assuming its still on so late for the American PPV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Henderson via Decision
    Hoping this goes the same way as last time tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Henderson via Decision
    H-Bomb followed by flying hammer fist early in the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bisping via Decision
    Love to see bisping h homb hendo. Really want to see rockhold v bisping 3 for the title

Bisping via Decision
    ricero wrote: »
    Really want to see rockhold v bisping 3 for the title

I hope for bisbings sake that doesn't happen :pac:
    bisbing will no doubt piss him off by calling out someone else (belfort next)

Bisping via Submission
    mailburner wrote: »
    I hope for bisbings sake that doesn't happen :pac:
    bisbing will no doubt piss him off by calling out someone else (belfort next)

doubt he'll call out vitor cause he'll be coming off two losses in a row ;) on that topic mousasi is surely in with a good shout at a shot if he wins saturday?

Bisping via Decision
    doubt he'll call out vitor cause he'll be coming off two losses in a row ;) on that topic mousasi is surely in with a good shout at a shot if he wins saturday?

I know a couple of years back he was hell bent on avenging his losses by dan and vitor for obvious reasons

vitor may be too far down the pecking order when he loses to mousasi however and even bisbing may not be able to get that one back

would like to get my hands on the presser when he described vitor as a grandpa who goes to the gym after he came off trt...just cant remember what words he used to describe him before that but it was funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Lads what are the other fights to watch out for on this card? Lotta people I know **** all about on it :P

Bisping via Submission
    mailburner wrote: »
    I know a couple of years back he was hell bent on avenging his losses by dan and vitor for obvious reasons

vitor may be too far down the pecking order when he loses to mousasi however and even bisbing may not be able to get that one back

would like to get my hands on the presser when he described vitor as a grandpa who goes to the gym after he came off trt...just cant remember what words he used to describe him before that but it was funny

only way bisping fights vitor next is if hendo wins, which I dont see happening
    Lads what are the other fights to watch out for on this card? Lotta people I know **** all about on it :P

Picket fight should be a good scrap and I'd expect a big ko in the manuwa-st preux fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Post-USADA Belfort is a very different proposition.

Mousasi is going to destroy him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bisping via Submission
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    I think theres alot of pressure on Mike and I can see him overcommiting to the knockout early on and getting caught again. Really hope i'm wrong though as I'd love to see Bisping finish him.

Mike is a really smart in terms of fight IQ. Look at how he reacted when he knocked down Rockhold. Stayed calm, and got the finish, instead of rushing in. I can't imagine he'll let the pressure get to him here and throw it away.
    He take Hendo into the championship rounds and drown him.
    Paully D wrote: »

It's nostalgia money. People remember the UFC 100 KO, the Fedor KO and the odd recent KO. They are overlooking that fact they in the last 5 years Hendo is 3-6 and look really bad once he was past round 1 against any fighter with a bit of pace.

Roberts v Perry should be good. Hot chocolate is the UKs next bright hope and Perry had an impressive KO a couple of months ago.

There are a couple of relatively unknown fighters on it with 8-0/9-0 records so I'd keep an eye out to see if they're much use under the bright lights.

I'm going for food for the Struve fight, that sh!t will pit me to sleep at that hour

Henderson via Decision
    theteal wrote: »
    Roberts v Perry should be good. Hot chocolate is the UKs next bright hope and Perry had an impressive KO a couple of months ago.

There are a couple of relatively unknown fighters on it with 8-0/9-0 records so I'd keep an eye out to see if they're much use under the bright lights.

I'm going for food for the Struve fight, that sh!t will pit me to sleep at that hour

Edwards against Tumenov should be a great fight too. In fairness, while the card is horrendous for actual names the fights do look good stylistically. Whole main card apart from the Struve fight should be entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Anyone else think it's a bit of a joke that this is on 3am local time? Annoying for me but pretty unfair on local fighters. The card is usually much earlier local time.

Bisping via Submission
    Anyone else think it's a bit of a joke that this is on 3am local time? Annoying for me but pretty unfair on local fighters. The card is usually much earlier local time.

It's completely ridiculous.

I got slated on here for saying that previously too with people trying to justify it from a spectator point of view :rolleyes:

To be there in person, being on so late is a farce.

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's completely ridiculous.

I got slated on here for saying that previously too with people trying to justify it from a spectator point of view :rolleyes:

To be there in person, being on so late is a farce.

It must be a pretty big headache for the local police and security at the venue too. You're gonna have a large % of people on the tear and arriving at the venue well-oiled up and leaving the venue feeling like a cross between Bruce Lee and Steven Seagal.

It's a 12 fight card but between inside and outside the venue i'd guess it could be a 20-fight card!

As for the fighters, i'd be surprised if they can perform at 100% of their best physiologically at that hour of the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Bisping via Submission
    As for the fighters, i'd be surprised if they can perform at 100% of their best physiologically at that hour of the morning.

I don't understand that mentality to be honest. If they were fighting on a ppv in Vegas it would be the exact same time as the time they will be fighting this weekend.

It's unfair though and advantageous for the yank fighters. You shouldn't have to **** around with your body clock when you're fighting in your back yard! Unfair on local fans and people living in the area. Where do you draw the line when it comes to getting as many spectators as possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bisping via Decision
    So if Rockhold and Weidman both win I'm assuming they will end up fighting each other for the number one contender position?

If so this would leave Bisping free for another fight,assuming he beats Henderson, so who would he be fighting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Bisping via Submission
    Wasn't there a rumour that Weidman negotiated a title shot as part of the Romero fight deal?

Bisping via Submission
    JJayoo wrote: »
    So if Rockhold and Weidman both win I'm assuming they will end up fighting each other for the number one contender position?

If so this would leave Bisping free for another fight,assuming he beats Henderson, so who would he be fighting?

I wouldnt be surprised if mousasi talks up after beating vitor and gets the next shot!

• Advertisement

The card being on late is not ideal (and is a bit insulting) but it's old news, we've planned around it and it's saving us a good chunk of money than if it were on at a decent hour. I asked about the fighters a few weeks ago and the replies I received suggested it doesn't make a difference as it'd be the same time as if they were fighting in Vegas.

At this stage I don't care about the time. It'll be a very lazy Saturday morning before I catch my 3pm train to Manchester and I'll catch a few Zs on the 8am return. I'm sure we've all stayed up until all hours watching certain cards - this wouldn't ordinarily be one of them but screw it, I'm going to it and it's going to be savage!

I don't understand that mentality to be honest. If they were fighting on a ppv in Vegas it would be the exact same time as the time they will be fighting this weekend.

First of all, jet lag is a pretty real thing.

A lot of people find it really difficult to sleep during the day. In theory it's easy, obviously, sleep in until 4pm which translates to 8am in California....but in practice it's not that easy.

Bisping said he was yawning at half 3 in the morning last night and he faces a real challenge this week to adjust to the 5am start for his fight.

Adrenaline will play a huge role and i'm sure all of the fighters will step into the Octagon amped up. I just find it hard to believe they can physically be at their optimum after a week of intermittent sleep.

They've got early morning weigh-ins and press commitments during the day when they theoretically should be asleep.

It's a mess for all concerned - fighters, coaches and fans.

If they ever get Croke Park or the Aviva done it'd be the same story here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Boohoo, all of them have to deal with it.

I wouldnt be surprised if mousasi talks up after beating vitor and gets the next shot!

I like the moose but that wouldn't be deserved. Weidman, Rockhold, Yoel and Jacare all ahead of him. Vitor is also finished besides a first round blitz.

Must say i was very impressed that the crowd didn't boo Hendo at the Open Workout Media Scrum. He took about 10 fan questions as well. Was pretty amazing to see the respect he got from those in attendance. Hope it continues on Saturday night!

In unrelated news, any idea how old his wife is? Watching Embedded trying to figure out what order to rank the wives, 3 absolute dime-pieces!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping via Decision
    Must say i was very impressed that the crowd didn't boo Hendo at the Open Workout Media Scrum. He took about 10 fan questions as well. Was pretty amazing to see the respect he got from those in attendance. Hope it continues on Saturday night!

I heard from a guy that was there that Dan didn't even work out. Just answered the few questions and went back in again. Is this true?

Possibly injured?

Bisping via Submission

still one of my favourite kos of the last while, the smoothness of the strikes and the intelligence to let him up rather than diving into his guard giving him time to recover, very well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bisping via Decision
    Just watched the destiny doc enjoyed it very well put together.

Glossed over a few things but always gonna be the case cramming his career path into 45 mins, saw Dana get a chunk of abuse on twitter over it from one seemingly obsessive user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
Advertisement