Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 204 - Bisping v Henderson 2 (Event Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Entwhistle fight is off now. Ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not great news for the 8am flight with the UFC now pushing the Bektic card into the main card slot giving us 5 main card fights.

As it's a PPV, even if there's a first round KO in every fight before the main card starts, the main card won't be starting until 3am and now there's an extra fight to contend with from 3am.

A positive is that the bookies think every fight on the main card won't go the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Beersmith wrote: »
    Entwhistle fight is off now. Ffs

I've been thinking about this subject for a while.

USADA is doing a lot of out-of-competition testing now. What i feel should happen is out-of-competition weighing.

So 4 or 5 times a year every athlete not in camp is weighed.

Then put in place a protocol where they are not allowed to fight in a weight class if it's more than a certain % below their average out-of-competition body weight. Maybe 15%.

So, for example, if McGregor walks around at an average of 170lbs out-of-competition then 15% of that is 25.5lbs so he would be eligible to compete at 145, 155, 170.

If his average OOC weight was 175lbs then he would only be allowed compete at 155 and 170.

I don't think it's overly helpful to have the 8% weigh in rule they have now, because it's not enforceable and it's 5 days before fight night when the cut is already in motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Paully D wrote: »
    Not great news for the 8am flight with the UFC now pushing the Bektic card into the main card slot giving us 5 main card fights.

As it's a PPV, even if there's a first round KO in every fight before the main card starts, the main card won't be starting until 3am and now there's an extra fight to contend with from 3am.

A positive is that the bookies think every fight on the main card won't go the distance.

I've got better news for you :/

UFC just pushed back the start time of the prelims to midnight (from 11pm).

No word just yet as to why.

Reported by Jim Edwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bisping via Decision
    I've got better news for you :/

UFC just pushed back the start time of the prelims to midnight (from 11pm).

No word just yet as to why.

Reported by Jim Edwards.

As a bout is potentially 15 mins they schedule prelims in 30 min installments and the Entwistle Font fight is off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'll never get tired of Neil, what a hero. Love his tweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Bisping via Submission
    dont really understand how hendo is so well supported, the whole 'h-bomb' thing is one of the scummiest things ive seen in a cage, completely unnecessary, the fact he uses it as his company logo says a lot about him, between that and the trt

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

Paully D wrote:
    Date: Saturday 8th October Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport), Main Card (3am, BT Sport) Venue: Manchester, England Odds: Bisping (4/9) v Henderson (2/1)

Paully D wrote:

Paully D wrote:

Paully D wrote:

Where'd u read this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Henderson via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    dont really understand how hendo is so well supported, the whole 'h-bomb' thing is one of the scummiest things ive seen in a cage, completely unnecessary, the fact he uses it as his company logo says a lot about him, between that and the trt

First of all, the H-Bomb is just his right hand. The flying hammerfist after the dropped Bisping was just smart fighting, you don't stop until the ref stops you, was Conor slapping an unconcious Aldo's head off the mat twice scummy too? Because it's exactly the same thing.

He uses it as his company logo because it's a baller image, and people recognise it.

As for the TRT thing, it was legal and pretty much everyone in the sport was doing it at the time so you're going to have to get over that one pretty quickly or start pretending you have a problem with everyone pre-USADA, which is ridiculous.

Henderson is a legend and is known as one of the nicest guys in the locker room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Bisping via Decision
    First of all, the H-Bomb is just his right hand. The flying hammerfist after the dropped Bisping was just smart fighting, you don't stop until the ref stops you, was Conor slapping an unconcious Aldo's head off the mat twice scummy too? Because it's exactly the same thing.

not sure you can compare both especially the way hendo went about it trying to put his head through the canvas
    thought it was disgraceful myself and I lost a lot of respect for hendo but hendo would have more than likely have done that to any fighter..ill give him that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Bisping via Submission

He uses it as his company logo because it's a baller image, and people recognise it.

As for the TRT thing, it was legal and pretty much everyone in the sport was doing it at the time so you're going to have to get over that one pretty quickly or start pretending you have a problem with everyone pre-USADA, which is ridiculous.

Henderson is a legend and is known as one of the nicest guys in the locker room.

theres a big difference between going to your knees hitting someone after a ko and diving into them with your full bodyweight. RE him being a nice guy in the locker room, I cant comment as, along with >99.99% of the population have not shared a locker room with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Bisping via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    RE him being a nice guy in the locker room, I cant comment as, along with >99.99% of the population have not shared a locker room with him.

This really is impressively stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭nomadchocolate

I hope Hendo wins. His personality is great compared to Bisping.

Love Gegard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Watching Henderson on embedded i would worry a little for his health. He is moving very slow and talking very slow. This should definitely be his last fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Bisping via Submission
    Letree wrote:
    Watching Henderson on embedded i would worry a little for his health. He is moving very slow and talking very slow. This should definitely be his last fight.

I'm literally watching it just now and was gonna post exactly the same. He has aged a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just watched latest embedded. Dan's "Yeah they'll make me a new one" comment has me kind of rooting for him now.

Ahhh can't ****ing wait to be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bisping via Submission
    I don't mind the Entwhistle fight being cancelled. 11 fights on the card is definitely enough to be honest.

Really can't wait now. In fairness, it doesn't really matter who's on the card because the spectacle alone of a UFC event in person is always class. It's my first numbered event since UFC 93 too, so that's cool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bisping via Submission
    I'm in two minds about the TRT thing.
    On one hand it was legal. But only with a medical need. But If people were lying, and fudging their bloods to get the approval. That's not really legal. And I'm pretty sure that was happening.

I'd usually root for Hendo against the rest of the MWs. But I think Bisping is the one exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Henderson via Decision
    This is one of the first numbered events in memory that I think I'm just going to hit the sack and record it on BT SPORT because I couldn't be arsed staying up to watch it.

The only fighters on the card I really like are Hendo, Victor and Gegard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

And. Here. We. Go!!

edit: Very curious to see the crowd/atmosphere for these first fights. I'd say it will be electric compared to the US PPV's, especially Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tinpib wrote: »
    And. Here. We. Go!!

edit: Very curious to see the crowd/atmosphere for these first fights. I'd say it will be electric compared to the US PPV's, especially Vegas.

Audience looks full already so that's a big difference.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Audience looks full already so that's a big difference.

Yep. Lots of d!ckheads doing the Ric Flair-esque roar though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

tinpib wrote: »
    Yep. Lots of d!ckheads doing the Ric Flair-esque roar though.

True, that was also one of the worst rounds ever so gave them plenty of chances to whooo

Great round!

Crowd up for it now. They are ready to go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Bisping via Decision
    that was a late stoppage, should have called it after the first/second punch at MOST.

Brilliant fight. That Mike Perry fella can fairly take a punch to the face. Danny Roberts looked out on his feet from very early on, a gust of wind could have knocked him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ref should have stopped that the second he hit the mat, instead he lets him get punched in the head another 4 times. Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Bisping via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mike Perry has some chin, absolutely shocking stoppage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Very late stoppage. Was expecting Goddard to stop it as soon as he hit the mat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

darced wrote: »

Well that just isn't true, easily top 3 in MMA reffing. They all make mistakes occasionally, Herb Dean and Big John included.

Bisping via Decision

I already agreed it was a late stoppage, but to call him a terrible referee is hugely shortsighted and downright wrong. As I already said, even the best refs make mistakes, it doesn't make them terrible refs, it makes them human.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping via Decision
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I already agreed it was a late stoppage, but to call him a terrible referee is hugely shortsighted and downright wrong. As I already said, even the best refs make mistakes, it doesn't make them terrible refs, it makes them human.

He's the best in the business by a mile IMO.

Bisping via Decision

Bisping via Decision

John_D80 wrote: »
    He's the best in the business by a mile IMO.

He's my pick for #1 too, said he was top 3 only because Dean and McCarthy are top class as well and everyone will have their own pick between the three, but nobody else is on their level.

Like the look of Diakese, great work to get the finish there.

Ain't that for sure!

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Bisping via Decision

Isn't he the guy that got done for millions of dollars of drugs??

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of, I seem to remember him being very good ref actually.

• Advertisement

Bisping via Decision

Tumenov would want to sort his ground game out, it's one thing to be dominated by Gunnar Nelson but he should be able to do better against Edwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Atmosphere a little flat, apart from two guys in front nearly coming to blows. Will happen after bisping fight for sure

Really enjoying this fight, 1 round each so far I'd say.

Bisping via Decision

Joey Barton just failed to get into VIP area

• Advertisement

I'll be shocked if Grant doesn't have any ligament damage after that. Nasty looking armbar and he was never getting out of it when it's that tight, shoulda tapped sooner.

Pathetic response for Brad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Crazy submission sequence there. Complete silence at the tap.

My god that BJJ was slick as hell. Good bet for a POTN there for Alcantara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Henderson via Decision
    Crazy submission sequence there. Complete silence at the tap.

Very flowy.

Maybe should have been stopped before it got that far too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement