Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power points (sockets) on Dart, help

Options
  • 03-10-2016 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,867 ✭✭✭✭

My wife is stuck on the Dart with power running out in her phone and needs to charge. Where are the sockets on the Dart?
    I seem to remember that they're under the seats nearest the doors on the older carriages? Is that correct?
    Are they also in the same place on the newer carriages?
    Thanks for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are usually next to the drivers cab or door to the next carriage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I seem to remember a thread on here, where a woman was fined for charging her phone on a train, as she was 'stealing' electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I seem to remember a thread on here, where a woman was fined for charging her phone on a train, as she was 'stealing' electricity.

I would find that very unlikey considering theres sockets on board ICR trains and people regularly charge stuff in stations. Even staff like myself wont give anyone any hassle over charging your phone for a bit. When did this happen btw if theres any truth to it?

Edit: only thing i see bout a train fine is on AH and that was in LONDON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

That was in England

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SteM

I recall a similar thread but thought it was an intercity train? Can't remember for sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

It was in London, it wasn't a woman and it wasn't "stealing" electricity, but rather "unacceptable behaviour" :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3159582/Rail-passenger-furious-arrested-stealing-electricity-plug-point-train-charge-phone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

A number of years ago my wife was ordered to unplug her phone charger in Prestwick airport by a very snotty female staff member as "that's airport's electricity you're using". We refuse to fly into there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I always carry a small battery pack and a retractible charger with me. Has saved my bacon on many an occasion! They are often on special in Aldi and Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

n97 mini wrote: »
    A number of years ago my wife was ordered to unplug her phone charger in Prestwick airport by a very snotty female staff member as "that's airport's electricity you're using". We refuse to fly into there again.

Its all changed now they provide sockets in airports now while people wait since so many people have smartphones tablets and other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Infini2 wrote: »
    Its all changed now they provide sockets in airports now while people wait since so many people have smartphones tablets and other devices.

Maybe so, but I don't give a flying fook about what they do in Prestwick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Based on Prestwick's passenger figures, not many people do anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Old DART, seat next to the cab, always on the off side, so right in the direction of travel

On newer, try the partitions in the centre of the coach, should be a socket to be found there as well

Strictly speaking the DART sockets are for the cleaners

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's unreasonable to fit standard sockets and then expect the public to not use them.
    If they really don't want them to be used then a proprietary plug and socket could be fitted e.g. the lower one here

120px-WG13_PICT6943.jpg

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement