Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What annoys you about other runners and running in general?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

walshb wrote: »
    Christmas Day runners....fook right off.
    Usually do a 10k on Christmas morning/early afternoon before dinner. Usually quite crisp and a nice time for a run, and makes you feel like less of an absolute glutton later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Christmas Day runners....fook right off.

Feck off, Christmas morning is a lovely time for a run! Work up a nice appetite for the gluttony later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Don't get me wrong. Competitive athletes out on Christmas morning I understand. Sure I used to train Christmas Day myself. Fun runners and "nobodies" can fook right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Don't get me wrong. Competitive athletes out on Christmas morning I understand. Sure I used to train Christmas Day myself. Fun runners and "nobodies" can fook right off.

:confused: Why would fun runners be allowed to run on any other day of the year but not on Christmas Day?

Or are there further restrictions? Like no running on their birthday, anniversary, and/or Easter Monday?

We need to be told

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

How fast do you have to be before it's acceptable to run on Christmas Day? Asking for a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I'll give you 7/10 for that effort, primarily because you brought in a seasonal tilt. Shows there was at least some thought put into it. Your standards were slipping there for a while I felt, so it's good to have you back Walshy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Feck ya - I never run on Christmas Day. Totally caught up with kiddies / cooking dinner etc. Will have to find time now ;)

kit3 wrote: »
    Feck ya - I never run on Christmas Day. Totally caught up with kiddies / cooking dinner etc. Will have to find time now ;)

Fair play, kit3. Nice to see someone getting priorities straight..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If I run on christmas day, I be divorce before the new year comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

If I run on christmas day, I be divorce before the new year comes!

Why is that?

• Advertisement

Puibo wrote: »
    Why is that?

Because I have kids and its their day which I agree with.
    Also I wouldn't be able to fit it in, up at 6:30, kids unwrap presents, play with the kids and make breakfast. Get the kids ready and then all the relations arrive. Help with getting dinner ready as both my wife and I will cook the dinner. Then kids time till they go to bed.
    I can run on the other days of the year.

Each to their own and wouldn't criticize anyone for doing it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Its everyone's day. Whole family could do a Goal Mile or parkrun in the morning. There is more crack to be had been a non competitive Fun Runner

Each to their own and wouldn't criticize anyone for doing it also.

Yeah, no criticisms here i just figured sleeping with her sister may warrant a divorce, not going for a run!!

Have a good one!!

ger664 wrote: »
    Its everyone's day. Whole family could do a Goal Mile or parkrun in the morning. There is more crack to be had been a non competitive Fun Runner

That will happen in time to come. Have gotten the wife running and once out track gets up graded the family will run that day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

How fast do you have to be before it's acceptable to run on Christmas Day? Asking for a friend.

I've had a chat with the Grinch an the good news max is you are allowed run.

I'm furbared though . I shall have to stay indoors and binge eat to supress my desire to run Christmas day.

I hope someone buys Walsh b a gone fishing sign for Xmas. :D

Just read through a heap of the "gripes" on this thread. Mine's in the ha'penny place compared to most. Some of you guys need to lighten D fook up...it's lucky any of us ever get out for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

probably sprinters with a superiority complex....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I'll be doing the Goal Mile anyway, with the 2 mile to and from it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'll be doing the Goal Mile anyway, with the 2 mile to and from it

And that annoys you how??

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Fockers from.kilkenny dat get injured every september..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Butterbeans

UM1 wrote: »
    Fockers from.kilkenny dat get injured every september..

Huh..??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Fockers that are bad at geography....

;)

Saw a wan out last night with a huge jacket on and a hat. She was holding the hood on her head while trying to run!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A swan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭deisedude

Annoyed with myself. Said I'd try yoga for a few weeks to improve my flexibility and ward off injury. Got too competitive and pulled a muscle in my chest. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Runners or pedestrians rushing to get into a busy path ahead of you, only to immediately slow down

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Lads who sit behind you in reps and kick in the last 100 every time to 'beat' you...!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

youngrun wrote: »
    Lads who sit behind you in reps and kick in the last 100 every time to 'beat' you...!

Its even worse wen burds do it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

youngrun wrote: »

That not just good training/fun? Finishing the session strong. If you were any craic you'd kick too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Djoucer wrote: »
    That not just good training/fun? Finishing the session strong. If you were any craic you'd kick too. ;)

If i was able...!

Advertisement