Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What annoys you about other runners and running in general?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Lougheee wrote:
    Runners who are not interested in talking about anything but the marathon.

Lougheee wrote:
    Men who wear shorts over long tights in the winter. Get over yourselves.

Lougheee wrote:
    Runners who moan about ‘elitism’ in distance running in Ireland when there are very few actual elite runners in the entire country.

Lougheee wrote:
    Runners who think athletic clubs are for ‘elites’ only, yet have never set foot inside an athletics clubhouse themselves and rather seek to further their knowledge of the sport elsewhere, like Facebook.

Lougheee wrote:
    Runners who are quick to advise others but can’t take their own advice.

Lougheee wrote:
    Anyone who does that x marathons in x days stuff.

Lougheee wrote:
    Runners who appreciate distance more than pace.

Lougheee wrote:
    Anybody who complained on social media about the 'Dublin City Marathon Entry Scandal 2016'.

Lougheee wrote:
    The finisher medal obsessives.

Lougheee wrote:
    People who have garmins set up for a beep every mile in XC races.

That all?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Gels. Its just fooking sugary junk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

People who post up stuff online giving out about other people out exercising...everyone is different, no one is the same as you...don't be so quick to knock them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Nonevernomore

What annoys me is runners going on and on about their training and they buy the most expensive watches, runners and gear but they run as slow as a turtle!!! What's the point in buying all that stuff and boring people so much if you can only run a 5k in 30 minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

What annoys me is runners going on and on about their training and they buy the most expensive watches, runners and gear but they run as slow as a turtle!!! What's the point in buying all that stuff and boring people so much if you can only run a 5k in 30 minutes?

Simple a 30 min runner can't buy what they like now?

What's a fast time to you, sub 18?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Lovely first post

Of course they can but what's the point?

Of course they can but what's the point?

Because they enjoy their run.

People work hard in their job so they are entitled to spend it on what they enjoy.

What's the point in anyone spending loads on running unless they make the Olympics?

My point is that it makes no difference whether they spend hundreds or buy lidl runners. They're slow and swanning around in a 500 euro garmin while running slower than people walk is embarrassing!

My point is that it makes no difference whether they spend hundreds or buy lidl runners. They're slow and swanning around in a 500 euro garmin while running slower than people walk is embarrassing!

It's makes them happy and that's all that matters.

Now stop trolling and move on

• Advertisement

This is what annoys me about other runners. I'm glad they're happy, this doesn't change the fact that I think they're embarrassing themselves.

This is what annoys me about other runners. I'm glad they're happy, this doesn't change the fact that I think they're embarrassing themselves.

I am sure others think that of you also.

It's life and no one cares what others think.

Precisely but we're allowed to express our opinion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

people who use Garmin splits on the track. wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

You still haven't said what time for 5k is 'non embarrassing'.

Faster than 30 minutes anyway.

29?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

I'm struggling to think of your previous logon but it was the same shtick but with more PBs. Gimme a hint?

Faster than 30 anyway.

What you talking about lips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Faster than 30 mins for 5k? Rob Heffernan has walked 5k in under 19 mins. Do you feel embarrassed yet?

That's what I'm saying. Going on and on about your training and the latest gear you bought is embarrassing if you're running like a snail. Rob Heffernan never walked that time by the way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That's what I'm saying. Going on and on about your training and the latest gear you bought is embarrassing if you're running like a snail. Rob Heffernan never walked that time by the way. :D

The IAAF says differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This is why we can't have nice things......

Yes but he didn't walk the 5k! :D

Yes but he didn't walk the 5k!

The category was the 5000m walk. So if he didn't walk it what did he do? Fly?

Come on, I don't have to spell it out do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

What annoys me is the fact this is one of the most popular threads here in a while, and I'm contributing to it. Do we actually like running at all? Bloody hell.

It's even drawn the trolls out from underneath their slimy rocks.

Come on, I don't have to spell it out do I?

Actually you do since you seem to want to contradict the classification of the event.

• Advertisement

Walkers don't walk, they have two feet off the ground most of the way round, they are just running in a really weird way.

Happy now?

Advertisement