Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What annoys you about other runners and running in general?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

kit3 wrote: »
    Oops, how silly of us and we all just run to look good. Think of the skin tone as you run ladies ;) :cool:
    I'D Say the pink gears in the bin already with thoughts of 'jesus , what was I thinking ?'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Oops69 wrote: »
    I'D Say the pink gears in the bin already with thoughts of 'jesus , what was I thinking ?'

You may over estimate your influence a little :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I've got a pink running top. I look fabulous in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Yis all have lovely bottoms.

They most certainly do not...

Heres another one for the list, Lycra lard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Gavlor wrote: »

That one ain't gender specific ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

kit3 wrote:
    That one ain't gender specific

Horrible non gender specific images now floating around my imagination must kill off with beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

Culchie runners who come to Dublin with their thick accent and are so ashamed of it that they lose it a month later only to replace it with a new found D4 accent that would put D4 runners to shame who were actually born bred in D4.

What I hate about runners, LYCRA.

'HIP' runners who think Craft beer is the in thing so never shut up about it even though they would get p$$ed on a barmans fart

The overuse of the word 'copious' on this site. Some runner thought it was a cool word a few years ago and ever since it comes up time and time again........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Arses are like pints of stout. No such thing as a bad one just some are better than others.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Another annoying word 'to boot', really annoying.

Gavlor wrote: »

The amount of men who have no bottom is rather alarming. Was just looking around work today as its 'jeans' day and not a single squeezable looking male bum in sight :mad:

Arses are like pints of stout. No such thing as a bad one just some are better than others.

You're obviously a short slighted pioneer.

I love that joesoap has a masculine name, yet is a woman, and then posts like she's a bloke!

oh.

joesoap5 wrote:
    The amount of men who have no bottom is rather alarming. Was just looking around work today as its 'jeans' day and not a single squeezable looking male bum in sight

You haven't seen mine, even if I love squeezing it.

davedanon wrote: »
    I love that joesoap has a masculine name, yet is a woman, and then posts like she's a bloke!

oh.

Hate runners who don't like variety

nhunter100 wrote: »
    You haven't seen mine, even if I love squeezing it.

everyone who runs a lap of furry glen has seen yours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Runners running into my fishing line while I'm beach fishing,run behind the effin rod not in front lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

joesoap5 wrote: »
    The overuse of the word 'copious' on this site. Some runner thought it was a cool word a few years ago and ever since it comes up time and time again........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The copious amount of bleedin consecutive posts when one would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

All the talking they do about running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I hate how the media abuse running and almost disregard it as a sport when its used as a vehicle for their agenda.

Certain marathons being overcome by charidees, leading people to look at you sideways if you aren't raising thousands for some company while taking part in the sport you love.

TV shows like operation fatties using running as their soft goal when the majority of the fat asses on it barely even walk a 5k during the show.

People who claim to be fitness advocates on social media while still being well overweight and posting a blow by blow account of their "journey" No one cares fat ass. Lose some weight for yourself and not for adulation of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Runners who corner you and insist upon showing you the medals they "won" in races

Runners who pay money for medals to be awarded to them for running virtual races........I sh1t you not, this actually exists

Runners who take pictures of their Garmins after training runs and post on social media to solicit attention and validation.

Runners who take pictures of all the medals they "won" in races, put them in some kind of bizarre display case and post on social media

<snip>

Runners who keep clipping your heals and almost decking you during a race

Runners who talk to themsleves during races as a way to self motivate.........its not motivating its terrifying and creepy. Please stop.

Runners who tear off like manics for the first mile of a race and then cant understand why they fall apart in the last 3rd.

Runners who keep running even though they're injured and worn out from running too much

Male runners who que for the portoloo even though they only need to take a piss.

Runners who bounce from one marathon to the next, getting slower and slower.

Runners who wear headphones in races

Runners who dont have a shower before a race and come up alongside you smelling rank and refuse to leave you be

Runners who are obviously not right in the head and who corner you in the hall at the post race spread for 3/4s of an hour.

Runners who replace their shoes every 3 months religiously because some dude in a shop told them to at some point or another, even though said shoes are still in perfectly fine nick.

Runners who look so gaunt and ill it looks like they just escaped from a concentration camp.

Runners who say "keep her lit"

Runners who complain about petty things like race goodie bags or t-shirts or even medals

Runners who only complain about the goodie bag because some other people started to complain and so they figured they'd been wronged aswell even though 5 minutes earlier they didnt feel any sense of injustice at the content of the goodie bag.

Runners who come along side you during the last 3rd of a race and start saying things like "c'mon lad, c'mon lad. Just keep her lit now"

Runners who have no self awareness and line up at the front of races even though in reality they belong 20 rows to the rear.

Runners who take all the jaffa cakes at the post race spread while you are being considerate and having a shower so as not to be that lad who smells rank and leans over people reaching for the jaffa cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Butterbeans

tunguska wrote: »
    Runners who corner you and insist upon showing you the medals they "won" in races

Runners who pay money for medals to be awarded to them for running virtual races........I sh1t you not, this actually exists

Runners who take pictures of their Garmins after training runs and post on social media to solicit attention and validation.

Runners who take pictures of all the medals they "won" in races, put them in some kind of bizarre display case and post on social media

<snip>

Runners who keep clipping your heals and almost decking you during a race

Runners who talk to themsleves during races as a way to self motivate.........its not motivating its terrifying and creepy. Please stop.

Runners who tear off like manics for the first mile of a race and then cant understand why they fall apart in the last 3rd.

Runners who keep running even though they're injured and worn out from running too much

Male runners who que for the portoloo even though they only need to take a piss.

Runners who bounce from one marathon to the next, getting slower and slower.

Runners who wear headphones in races

Runners who dont have a shower before a race and come up alongside you smelling rank and refuse to leave you be

Runners who are obviously not right in the head and who corner you in the hall at the post race spread for 3/4s of an hour.

Runners who replace their shoes every 3 months religiously because some dude in a shop told them to at some point or another, even though said shoes are still in perfectly fine nick.

Runners who look so gaunt and ill it looks like they just escaped from a concentration camp.

Runners who say "keep her lit"

Runners who complain about petty things like race goodie bags or t-shirts or even medals

Runners who only complain about the goodie bag because some other people started to complain and so they figured they'd been wronged aswell even though 5 minutes earlier they didnt feel any sense of injustice at the content of the goodie bag.

Runners who come along side you during the last 3rd of a race and start saying things like "c'mon lad, c'mon lad. Just keep her lit now"

Runners who have no self awareness and line up at the front of races even though in reality they belong 20 rows to the rear.

Runners who take all the jaffa cakes at the post race spread while you are being considerate and having a shower so as not to be that lad who smells rank and leans over people reaching for the jaffa cakes.

That's a long list, you may want to consider another sport ;-)
    I'd agree with you on a few of them but runners talking to themselves ain't trying to motivate you, it always comes across as a bit odd though.
    What's this virtual races craic? Never heard of that. What's the point?

What's this virtual races craic? Never heard of that. What's the point?[/quote]

A way for 'bling' merchants to increase their medal haul without taking part in organised races/ events. I find it sad, but hey ho each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Butterbeans

A way for 'bling' merchants to increase their medal haul without taking part in organised races/ events. I find it sad, but hey ho each to their own.[/quote]

Bizarre. I know off topic, but do they give you a 'virtual time' for said race also? (I'm not considering it by the way :))

That's a long list, you may want to consider another sport ;-)

I hear gymnastics is good.

To earn a virtual medal, you cover a certain distance in an amount of time, then send evidence of same to virtual bling company along with the the fee (up to €15!), and they send you a medal. Distance and time all seem to be irrelevant. I doubt the bling crowd give a fock whether people run or not. It is simply a way to make money by pandering to a combination of laziness and a desperate need for personal validation.

It is simultaneously sad, pathetic, and hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A way for 'bling' merchants to increase their medal haul without taking part in organised races/ events. I find it sad, but hey ho each to their own.

You mean like Strava segments?

ThisRegard wrote: »

You mean like Strava segments?[/QUOTE]

At least that's free. And I'm sure most Strava users just ignore them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

:( I'm not injured, its just DOMS, ok.

But I just like new shoes, and this is the perfect justification (I probably don't need 8 pairs on the go at once - I possibly need help)

Runners who are obviously not right in the head .....

Mrs HBS reckons this applies to us all.

Advertisement