Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I go about getting a dog PTS

• 03-10-2016 10:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Basically for a couple of reasons I need to get one of my mothers dogs PTS. The dog chases people and causes my mother a lot of stress and work by constantly having to tie up the dog or run her and chase after her when she does take off after someone. My mother is busy otherwise and simply doesn't have the time nor energy to keep after the dog and I've decided to PTS.

What happens? Do I just make an appointment with the vet and they'll take care of everything? Do vets dispose of the body or do I have to do that myself?
    What is the cost likely to be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Or maybe get a fence to stop the dog chasing after people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Rehoming the dog might actually be a more appropriate solution. Contact some local rescues and they'll be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Musketeer4 wrote: »
    I've decided to PTS.

Does your mother (the dog's owner) get a say in this at all? :eek:

As mentioned - your mother could secure the dog's area to stop it escaping. You could even help!

Failing that you should contact a shelter and it won't even cost you anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Laura_A

Solution: Dont get a dog if you can't look after it and don't get it PTS because you have decided it can't be looked after..

Dogs are high energy and need attention and looking after - contact local shelters.. Dont get dog PTS because it is the 'convenient option'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

This thread is closed for review.
    Do not open any more threads on this issue please.

• Advertisement

Okay musketeer4,
    We have two scenarios that I can see here.
    Either this is the 2nd dog your mother has had that was (or will be) pts due to chasing cars/people: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101109773&postcount=5

(cf post #5, made by you on 21/09/16 at 12:14)

... In which case, I think you know fine well "how to go about getting a dog pts", what with you having already done exactly that to a dog belonging to the same person for the same issue.

Or...

You're taking the piss.

Perhaps you'd contact me by pm to discuss why I should re-open your thread, in light of the above.
    Many thanks,
    DBB

Mod note: musketeer4 infracted for trolling.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement