Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5S Buttons and Home accesibility widget

Options
  • 03-10-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭

Hi - daughters iPhone 5S long out of warranty.

Not sure what happened but the phone is well minded so not sure its it hardware or iOS issue.

She upgraded to 10 a while back and Saturday night she said the home button stopped working or will work randomly. The power button also doesn't work or if so its random.

She got it unlocked and turned on the accessibility widget to get access to the home button. This also doesn't work for some reason so I suspected iOS 10. Backed up the phone yesterday and upgraded to iOS 10.0.2 All appeared OK for a brief period and now problem is back.

Problem now looks like there is a button pressed and its buffereing up if that makes sense. Its like a lag between pressing a button and it reacting. Take the power button -press it nothing, repeat, repeat and then a few mins the phone keeps giving the slider option to power off?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vfohalloran

I have similar problems and it is a real pain in the backside.

I don't have any answers yet but will post if I find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

I have similar problems and it is a real pain in the backside.

I don't have any answers yet but will post if I find any.

I gave up, she has my old 5 now and that's working fine. I'm thinking it could be a screen / mechanical home button issue but not going to spend money sorting it

Advertisement