Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrows Recommendations- Dublin salons

Options
  • 03-10-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a brow virgin and need to start getting my brows sorted!
    Any recommendations for the city centre?

I'm thinking of using a benefit brow bar but I'm a bit hesitant.
    I think I'll need a tidy, trim and tint but don't know whether to wax or thread etc. I've only plucked in the past.

Grafton Street area or Dundrum area would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Elysian Brows in South William Street!

Go for threading, it's way more precise than waxing and far gentler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

How are they for brow tinting and shaping? I'm fairly happy plucking my brows so I'm not sure I want to do just threading alone. I haven't plucked in a month so I feel gross right now, proper uni brow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Once you get thread'D you will never look back! But from sounds of it your happy with the shape just the random hairs underneath? Just

I need them trimmed I think as some hairs are half an inch long! And I'd like them tinted too, but there's not much you can do with the shape I don't think, but I've never been to a salon so I don't know!! I'm a newbie to this kinda thing!

GingerLily wrote: »
    How are they for brow tinting and shaping? I'm fairly happy plucking my brows so I'm not sure I want to do just threading alone. I haven't plucked in a month so I feel gross right now, proper uni brow :o

They do tinting also and I've never had just plucking alone so I don't know but I don't see why not. What's your reservations about threading? You could get them to thread them into a good shape and then maintain them with plucking at home

• Advertisement

I guess I can just pluck my own brows so I don't need to pay 15e+ for just the hair removal, it's the trimming/ shaping and tinting I can't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

nope

Shaping is the hair removal.

Elysian are nowhere near what they used to be, most of the people who built that name have moved on

I've been going there for years and love it. Mind you, I go to the same person all the time

This.

GingerLily, you're not just paying for hair removal, you're paying for the expertise of someone who looks at brows all day long and knows what shape will suit your face, etc

• Advertisement

I naturally have a good shape (which is why i havent needed a salon before) but the problem is the colour and length of hairs, not the shape. I'm not interested in just threading.

I mentioned trimming and tinting too, you must have missed that.

Wow okay. I am actually a brow technician so I was trying to be helpful, but with that attitude I'm out of this thread.

Wow okay. I am actually a brow technician so I was trying to be helpful, but with that attitude I'm out of this thread.

To be fair you hadn't read my posts fully or gave a recommendation. But your under no obligation to give advice if you don't want to.
    I guess this attitude is probably why I've been too intimidated to go to beauticians/ brow technicans in the past.

Advertisement