Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Battery Golf Glider

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

I got mine here. Picked up replacement Powakaddy parts here before and all sound. delivery via DPD parcel wizard or PM.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/18-27-hole-Lithium-Golf-Battery-Pack-ideal-PowaKaddy-Hill-Billy-and-MotoCaddy/391781679093?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Not exactly good value though. You can get reliable brand names in lithium batteries in stores anywhere in Ireland cheaper that that. Along with the warranty and service supplied within ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Not exactly good value though. You can get reliable brand names in lithium batteries in stores anywhere in Ireland cheaper that that. Along with the warranty and service supplied within ireland

really?? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

It's a caddy cell. I got 2 from them 3 years ago and got another for another family member recently. Haven't seen them that price here.

It's a caddy cell. I got 2 from them 3 years ago and got another for another family member recently. Haven't seen them that price here.

I bought a caddy cell battery for 200 in killarney.
    No hassle with having to return to UK in case of faults.
    Really don't see why u would buy it from UK even if u were saving €10 or €20

I bought a caddy cell battery for 200 in killarney.
    No hassle with having to return to UK in case of faults.
    Really don't see why u would buy it from UK even if u were saving €10 or €20

If you do the maths it's €50 saving and it's from a top rated seller.

• Advertisement

If you do the maths it's €50 saving and it's from a top rated

It's €50 before postage.
    From the picture it seems to be an old caddy cell battery that is no longer available for retail.
    Personally I would prefer not to buy a 4 yr old model

If you do the maths it's €50 saving and it's from a top rated

It's €50 before postage.
    From the picture it seems to be an old caddy cell battery that is no longer available for retail.
    Personally I would prefer not to buy a 4 yr old model

http://www.caddycell.com/index.php/products

You might point out how you come to that conclusion as the picture on the caddy cell website is very similar. These are LiFePO4 which s the standard reference.

I can recommend these products for everyone else out there. you have your own opinion and entitled to that.

Similar battery is on sale in McGuirks and Halpenny for €269.

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/caddy-cell-18-hole-lithium-battery/cadb0301

https://www.halpennygolf.com/en/Golf-Stream-CaddyCell-Lithium-Battery/m-4791.aspx

You might point out how you come to that conclusion as the picture on the caddy cell website is very similar. These are LiFePO4 which s the standard reference.

I can recommend these products for everyone else out there. you have your own opinion and entitled to that.

Similar battery is on sale in McGuirks and Halpenny for €269.

https://www.mcguirksgolf.com/p/caddy-cell-18-hole-lithium-battery/cadb0301

https://www.halpennygolf.com/en/Golf-Stream-CaddyCell-Lithium-Battery/m-4791.aspx[/quote]

Similar is exactly that similar.
    The pictures in the mcguirks and halpenny website are of the latest caddy cell battery
    which is very soon to be replaced by a similar battery but with a full 5 yr warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Walter Alright

I got mine here. Picked up replacement Powakaddy parts here before and all sound. delivery via DPD parcel wizard or PM.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/18-27-hole-Lithium-Golf-Battery-Pack-ideal-PowaKaddy-Hill-Billy-and-MotoCaddy/391781679093?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got this battery about 6 weeks ago for a little over €150 delivered using address pal. Its free postage to an English address so the £18 delivery charge didn't apply. Its was €3.95 delivery to my local post office with address Pal. However the I only paid £128.50 at the time as apposed to £132.50 now.

Great Battery & Great Price, cheers for the heads up getoffthepot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Does anyone know if chargers for lithium batteries are interchangeable ? Like could you charge, say a Caddy Cell lithium battery with say, Litepower lithium battery charger ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Russman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if chargers for lithium batteries are interchangeable ? Like could you charge, say a Caddy Cell lithium battery with say, Litepower lithium battery charger ?
    If the connectors are compatible, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looking for peoples opinion and I think it should fit in in this thread.

My Hill Billy battery is starting to die around the 16th, the switch is gone very temperamental and I think the motor is going as it doesn't go as fast anymore even from the first hole.

The way I'm looking at it is replace the battery now with a lithium one and keep the trolley until the switch/motor packs in and then buy a trolley separately. Or just buy a trolley and battery now, and sell my Hill Billy as is (obviously explaining it's issues)?

Also a recommendation for battery/trolley would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

First Up wrote: »
    If the connectors are compatible, why not?

I was just worried there might be compatibility issues, with I dunno, voltage, ampage etc., but I’m certainly no electrician ! I guess not though, as now that I think about it, I’ve seen guys charging various batteries off the same charger in the pro shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Russman wrote: »
    I was just worried there might be compatibility issues, with I dunno, voltage, ampage etc., but I’m certainly no electrician ! I guess not though, as now that I think about it, I’ve seen guys charging various batteries off the same charger in the pro shop.

A lithium charger is different from a regular one, but any lithium charger should work for any lithium battery, likewise for lead acid batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Looking for peoples opinion and I think it should fit in in this thread.

My Hill Billy battery is starting to die around the 16th, the switch is gone very temperamental and I think the motor is going as it doesn't go as fast anymore even from the first hole.

The way I'm looking at it is replace the battery now with a lithium one and keep the trolley until the switch/motor packs in and then buy a trolley separately. Or just buy a trolley and battery now, and sell my Hill Billy as is (obviously explaining it's issues)?

Also a recommendation for battery/trolley would be appreciated.

If both the battery and trolley are on the way out, I'd buy them both together in a deal, its cheaper, especially if you need a new charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GreeBo wrote: »
    If both the battery and trolley are on the way out, I'd buy them both together in a deal, its cheaper, especially if you need a new charger.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Might be able to get €100 for mine to offset the cost of the new trolley and battery.

Advertisement