Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Irish pro Conti team (aka The Aquablue thread)

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Doc07

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

This should not be all over the web. I can see why they couldn’t resist but it’s typical crap journalism focusing on the minnow they have caught and ‘nothing to see here’ for all the actual winners , medalists. Also making individual examples out of whole corrupt systems is irresponsible.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Doc07 wrote: »
    This should not be all over the web. I can see why they couldn’t resist but it’s typical crap journalism focusing on the minnow they have caught and ‘nothing to see here’ for all the actual winners , medalists. Also making individual examples out of whole corrupt systems is irresponsible.

The policeman is in trouble for sharing it apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Another bomb waiting to go off for the sport of cycling. Lots of talk on who may be next. People watching Twitter accounts and looking at who is and isn't tweeting etc.

Biological passport shown to be effectively useless again regarding Denifl and the skiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

CramCycle wrote: »
    The biopassport has never worked unless the athlete or doctor don't understand it, several reports of microdosing and timing to get around it.

The truth is, at that level, only blanket testing in and out of competition will work, and even then it still won't catch everyone. If a person will refuse to edit their Strava segments after "accidentally" getting a load of KOMs in their car, then imagine what a person whose very livelyhood relies on results will do to get up there.

This. There are countless gob****es cheating for no other reason than bragging to other fatties on a Sunday, if they are at it, the pros (probably the vast majority) are doing it.

Doc07 wrote: »
    Agree but almost every team has DS’s, Managers, Doctors and even active cyclists from the ‘dirty era’. For example Orica green edge seemed cool and clean with their promotion of young talent and nice videos from the Tour but their management are dopers.
    Top level cycling is still filthy, just maybe not as filthy as the 90’s/2000’s. It’s maybe not as filthy as soccer or athletics but it’s still filthy.

Its filthier imho.
    Soccer 'may' be worse, but the evidence isnt there to prove that. The reasons why that evidence isnt there is another debate.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What? There are countless "Sunday morning fatties" doping? And bragging about it? Where is this?

What? There are countless "Sunday morning fatties" doping? And bragging about it? Where is this?

Cheating on strava.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah you have to feel for the lads he's cheated out of wins

Like Daniel Moreno on Stage 17 of the 2017 Vuelta, who Denifl dropped on a 25%+ climb.

https://www.velonews.com/stages/2017-vuelta-espana-stage-17

“I can’t believe it. I had super, super legs today. I was waiting the whole Vuelta for that day,” said Denifl. “Today I went all in. It’s amazing.”

Third week, two days after the rest day (traditional refill day).

https://tiz-cycling.racing/videos/la-vuelta-2017-stage-17-last-30-km/
    45:10 and then 48:46

Amazing indeed.

edit: although I don't feel too sorry for Moreno.
    https://www.dopeology.org/incidents/Operaci%C3%B3n-Chinatown/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Wonder would there have been suspicions of this in the UCI, hence Aquablue Sports struggle to get invites last year?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

How could a team that abandons staff and reneges on contracts leaving almost everyone on the team out of pocket be involved with stuff like this????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Wonder would there have been suspicions of this in the UCI, hence Aquablue Sports struggle to get invites last year?!

No that was still down to Rick being a dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

2006 is calling and wants its credibility back, please:

It has been reported that 40 blood bags were discovered in a garage in Erfurt, Germany, and that Schmidt is ready to cooperate with investigators. As was the case in the Operacion Puerto inquiry in Spain, the blood bags are labelled with simple abbreviations, or code-names. Investigators hope to secure a court order to secure the DNA of the accused athletes so that the identity of the 40 blood bags can be confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

RobFowl wrote: »
    How could a team that abandons staff and reneges on contracts leaving almost everyone on the team out of pocket be involved with stuff like this????

I don't know anything about Aquablue apart from what I read in boards and the occasional article on cyclingweekly.

However my gut feeling is that Denifl is an individual transgression rather than a team supported one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I don't know anything about Aquablue apart from what I read in boards and the occasional article on cyclingweekly.

However my gut feeling is that Denifl is an individual transgression rather than a team supported one.

Given that is is multiple Austrains both cycling and skiing it seems to me a national thing based on the doctor the Austrians had

Not saying though other countries don't have equally shady doctors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is it the sort of thing you could hide from a team on a 3 week tour? These guys share bedrooms, live in each other pockets while at Vuelta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Is it the sort of thing you could hide from a team on a 3 week tour? These guys share bedrooms, live in each other pockets while at Vuelta.

Good point, that I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Aqua Blue on list of tax defaulters in today's Irish Times. 118k for under declaration of VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Aqua Blue on list of tax defaulters in today's Irish Times. 118k for under declaration of VAT.

Let me guess, Delaney's reaction was something along the lines of...

'I was recently subject to a Revenue audit, some issues were identified and as soon as these were agreed the appropriate tax, interest and penalties were immediately paid in full.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

As you yesterday we also know Aquablue is listed as a tax defaulter on the Revenue list.
    We know for a fact now they didn't pay their taxes either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Money still owed to the riders: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/ex-aqua-blue-riders-still-owed-thousands-410102
    Riders and staff from the Aqua Blue team are still owed “thousands” six months after the team folded as the UCI continues to pursue the team’s backers for cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Adam Bylthe's Strada (minus wheels) is for sale on a UK Facebook group page- listed by a family member

Stefal Denfil banned to day for 4 years. Doping from 2014 through to 2018 and stripped of all his results in that period.
    Vuelta stage win among that.
    Sad for the team and all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

...stripped of all his results in that period.
    Vuelta stage win among that.

Oh the irony of this sport..... Contador gets credited a Vuelta stage win due to someone else's doping bust. Who'd have thought it would come to this?

Advertisement