Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish pro Conti team (aka The Aquablue thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

fondriest wrote: »
    Maybe Adam Blythe could end up there if he hasn't found a team yet . English speaking rider losing his job with Tinkoff folding would be a good fit . Igor Anton is also still without a contract afaik .

Blythe is meant to be a difficult sort of chap to get along with. He wouldn't be the most popular out there.

From what I've heard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

1bryan wrote: »
    Blythe is meant to be a difficult sort of chap to get along with. He wouldn't be the most popular out there.

From what I've heard.

Good rider though and could win races ....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Good rider though and could win races ....

Blythe is very talented but he is rumoured to be difficult and also he doesnt do training. Some British rider said that on camera at the Tour of Britian this year...Blythe does not win races now as although talented not doing enough training (maybe abit like Goss)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

From what I hear Blythe has turned things around since he went to Tinkoff , apparently was a bit too fond of the ladies and a few drinks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,435 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

fondriest wrote: »
    From what I hear Blythe has turned things around since he went to Tinkoff , apparently was a bit too fond of the ladies and a few drinks .

Wait till he sees na cailini and samples the quality of the guinness...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

it'll be a bit disappointing now if Blythe isn't named

Koning, Kreder, Gate, Howard, Denifl, Lasse Norman Hansen are AquaBlueSport's latest signings

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Koning, Kreder, Gate, Howard, Denifl, Lasse Norman Hansen are AquaBlueSport's latest signings

Janey mac they're not messing about

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

One or two more Irish would be nice. Michael O'Loughlin or someone maybe next year.

• Advertisement

does anyone know what the plans are for the domestic aquablue team? Does this new team mean the end for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I think they will continue as an amateur team as before

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

1bryan wrote: »
    does anyone know what the plans are for the domestic aquablue team? Does this new team mean the end for them?

The team will stay in place for 2017. It will now be know as the TEAM AQUA BLUE ACADEMY.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

New signings Blythe, Warbasse, Fenn, Christian, Pearson announced today. The roster is now full. It's a shame that there are only three Irish riders out of sixteen and at 25 years old come January, Conor Dunne is the only Irish 'Development' rider.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blythe-warbasse-fenn-sign-for-aqua-blue-sport/

Now they have some very good riders for a pro continential team....

Nordhaug and Blythe in particular are capableof wining big races

Might take some time to get Irish neo pros on board as curent talent have good teams at present

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Not sure if I like the kit, but the design will make them easy to pick out.

Not sure if I like the kit, but the design will make them easy to pick out.

I like the colour ....not sure about the V but it is unique so easy to spot as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I like the colour ....not sure about the V but it is unique so easy to spot as you say

Is it not supposed to be an A :confused::confused:

cbd354482d6144cb96b359ad8cfb4e30.png

cunavalos wrote: »

This is the problem with logo designers. Something that works on paper in the full logo doesn't necessarily work on its own elsewhere.

• Advertisement

cunavalos wrote: »

cbd354482d6144cb96b359ad8cfb4e30.png

OH well that pssed me by then :eek:

Wouldnt they have made it look like a A with the line across

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭Thud

Shiney gold shamrock on the ar$e will stand out on the trailing shots

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Black and Gold. What's not to like?

Forget I said anything. It's not black, it's dark blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

This is the problem with logo designers. Something that works on paper in the full logo doesn't necessarily work on its own elsewhere.
    I'd argue that it doesn't work on paper in the full logo either. One reason the kit is okay though is that it's not plastered with sponsors everywhere.

I'd argue that it doesn't work on paper in the full logo either. One reason the kit is okay though is that it's not plastered with sponsors everywhere.

It's definitely not the best bit of design ever, but at least with the full logo on paper you can kinda see where the design element came from. On its own though, like on the back of the kit, it is meaningless, and you only get it if you are looking at it from behind, and know the logo anyway. Otherwise you end up in the "what is it? V? This way up?" camp

It is of course nice to not see a kit that is made up entirely of sponsors though! I agree with you there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I like it lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

RobFowl wrote: »
    I like it lot...

I thought, you would.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pah! Not even proper gold - some kind of gold coloured carbon fake by the looks of it.....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭Thud

It will likely be the logo of the new web bike shop thing he's setting up and will be more recognizable/relatable when that's kicked off

Advertisement