Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish pro Conti team (aka The Aquablue thread)

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

How could a team that abandons staff and reneges on contracts leaving almost everyone on the team out of pocket be involved with stuff like this????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Wonder would there have been suspicions of this in the UCI, hence Aquablue Sports struggle to get invites last year?!

No that was still down to Rick being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

2006 is calling and wants its credibility back, please:

It has been reported that 40 blood bags were discovered in a garage in Erfurt, Germany, and that Schmidt is ready to cooperate with investigators. As was the case in the Operacion Puerto inquiry in Spain, the blood bags are labelled with simple abbreviations, or code-names. Investigators hope to secure a court order to secure the DNA of the accused athletes so that the identity of the 40 blood bags can be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

RobFowl wrote: »
    How could a team that abandons staff and reneges on contracts leaving almost everyone on the team out of pocket be involved with stuff like this????

I don't know anything about Aquablue apart from what I read in boards and the occasional article on cyclingweekly.

However my gut feeling is that Denifl is an individual transgression rather than a team supported one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I don't know anything about Aquablue apart from what I read in boards and the occasional article on cyclingweekly.

However my gut feeling is that Denifl is an individual transgression rather than a team supported one.

Given that is is multiple Austrains both cycling and skiing it seems to me a national thing based on the doctor the Austrians had

Not saying though other countries don't have equally shady doctors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is it the sort of thing you could hide from a team on a 3 week tour? These guys share bedrooms, live in each other pockets while at Vuelta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Is it the sort of thing you could hide from a team on a 3 week tour? These guys share bedrooms, live in each other pockets while at Vuelta.

Good point, that I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Aqua Blue on list of tax defaulters in today's Irish Times. 118k for under declaration of VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Aqua Blue on list of tax defaulters in today's Irish Times. 118k for under declaration of VAT.

Let me guess, Delaney's reaction was something along the lines of...

'I was recently subject to a Revenue audit, some issues were identified and as soon as these were agreed the appropriate tax, interest and penalties were immediately paid in full.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

As you yesterday we also know Aquablue is listed as a tax defaulter on the Revenue list.
    We know for a fact now they didn't pay their taxes either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

Money still owed to the riders: https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/ex-aqua-blue-riders-still-owed-thousands-410102
    Riders and staff from the Aqua Blue team are still owed “thousands” six months after the team folded as the UCI continues to pursue the team’s backers for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Adam Bylthe's Strada (minus wheels) is for sale on a UK Facebook group page- listed by a family member

Stefal Denfil banned to day for 4 years. Doping from 2014 through to 2018 and stripped of all his results in that period.
    Vuelta stage win among that.
    Sad for the team and all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

...stripped of all his results in that period.
    Vuelta stage win among that.

Oh the irony of this sport..... Contador gets credited a Vuelta stage win due to someone else's doping bust. Who'd have thought it would come to this?

Advertisement