Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guidolin sacked, replaced by Bob Bradley

• 03-10-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭

Title is as it says, Swansea sack manager Francesco Guidolin and replace him with American Bob Bradley, former manager of the US men's national team.

Very, very harsh on him in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I know Jenkins runs Swansea pretty well usually, but I can't get my head around this one. Guidolin was nothing short of superb last season. This season they didn't start off too well, but recently they had a very tough run of games and they actually played well. And they bring in Bob Bradley....bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Harsh.

They played really well against city and were unlucky against Liverpool.

Really hard fixture list, I'm not sure how many of the fixtures the club were expecting to win from the first set of matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Harsh have played well against the bigger teams and have been unlucky.

new owners coming in and a bad start never really gets a manager time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

There's a decent team there for Swansea. Harsh sacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Just as their displays had begun to improve, if not the results. Interesting appointment in Bradley, done a decent job with USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Bradley 4th in Ligue 2

Really bizzare choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

They are getting relegated, what a gamble of an appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm surprised no other top European club has headhunted Bradley before now, his list of honours has to be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

15/8 to get relegated. If the odds are the same on Friday (doubt it) I'm sticking some on.

What happened to the really well run club that got promoted on the back of quality management, stability and good football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

So, when Bradley loses in Anfield and CoM stadium in those return fixtures he'll be gone too!

Tough on Guidolin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Could have been worse, they could have appointed Giggs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Giggs must have got word Jose is a busted flush and is holding off for the utd job.

Is this down to Jenkins who has been very good with his picks of manager or Swansea's new American owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is this down to Jenkins who has been very good with his picks of manager or Swansea's new American owners.

Given who they appointed I'd imagine it's the American owners decision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Very premature to be sacking him IMO, done well for the few games he was in charge for last season and although results have'nt gone their way this season they are playing well enough and certainly haven't downed tools.
    Even more bizzare with who they replaced him with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its a results business, good performances don't keep them in the EPL.

Saying that though I have watched teams that haven't picked up a thing from training sessions from under pressure managers and against Liverpool this was not evident. The gave all they could and he is not a clueless manager throwing **** and hoping it sticks either.

Premature I feel and Bob Bradley is a horrendous appointment, his only job in Europe has been Le Havre.
    Easy to see the American owners are trying to increase the commercial appeal of the club in America by appointing him,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not a harsh sacking at all IMO. I'm surprised that this being harsh seems to be the consensus.

He was hardly ever there last season with the backroom staff taking control most weeks and he completely alienated himself from the players this summer by regularly missing prolonged periods of pre-season. He even cancelled sessions so he could stay in his hotel room and watch the Tour de France FFS.

He clearly wasn't committed to the necessary level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Paully D wrote: »
    He even cancelled sessions so he could stay in his hotel room and watch the Tour de France FFS.

He clearly wasn't committed to the necessary level.

A moderen manger without a skybox.

"Why would he !!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just saw his presser on Sky. Stupid questions as always

"What do you have that Ryan Giggs doesn't?"

I was hoping he would say managerial experience and a wife :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bradley is unproven at the highest level but he has shown enough to suggest that this is a good appointment.

Advertisement