Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External wall cracks

Options
  • 03-10-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for a bit of advice, my house is 11 years old its a timber framed house. There has been a crack in the wall under my kitchen sil for the last 5 years it was said to the builder and he has said its a settling crack, now today I have noticed another crack over the kitchen window going up to the bathroom window, it wasn't there last year when I was painting. Do I need to contact someone about it??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Cece16 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice, my house is 11 years old its a timber framed house. There has been a crack in the wall under my kitchen sil for the last 5 years it was said to the builder and he has said its a settling crack, now today I have noticed another crack over the kitchen window going up to the bathroom window, it wasn't there last year when I was painting. Do I need to contact someone about it??

What width are the cracks? If they are only hairline then I wouldn't be too concerned.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Cece16 wrote: »

Hi Cece16, welcome to Boards. As Spear said, you could try the DIY forum. Alternatively, those over in Construction & Planning might be able to steer you right if you would prefer not to handle it yourself.

This forum is typically for newcomers to ask and find out about how the site works. Have a read through the stickies at the top, which should answer site-related questions you might have and help you find the appropriate place to post a thread.

Advertisement