Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me a substitute for a discontinued product please!

Options
  • 03-10-2016 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭

Much to my dismay on Sunday I discovered that Urban Decay have discontinued their BB cream. I loved it!

I dont wear foundation at all, the Urban Decay BB cream was light, didnt gather in creases and stopped me looking red or moon faced in pics! And it was coloured with your complexion, ie, it wasnt trying to make you look like you had a tan.

The girl on the counter suggested a different Urban Decay product - called something like One and Done - but I recoiled in horror at how thick and orangey it was (she wanted to try it on my FACE!!! but I insisted on the back of my hand). She then suggested a different brand of tinted moisturiser but didnt seem to understand that I didnt want anything tinted - ie, Im not trying to look brown, I LIKE my pale complexion!

So - any suggestions for a replacement please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

El double wear light? Might be worth getting a sample?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

GingerLily wrote: »
    El double wear light? Might be worth getting a sample?

I just googled it - its a foundation? I dont wear foundation, BB cream is as far as Id go. But Ill check it out thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have the Urban Decay BB cream and the Maybelline one and to be honest I prefer the Maybelline one! Might be worth a try for a tenner? Very moisturising but it does have light coverage and just makes my skin look better. I would use it on holidays etc. I am super pale (redhead) and the palest one is perfect for me, not orangey at all.

Double wear light would be a good bit heavier than the Urban Decay BB cream - it's a lightweight coverage foundation as opposed to a BB cream.

Oh Ill definitely check out the Maybelline one. Yeah I just want something that evens the skin out a bit on nights out.

I do have another one (cant remember the brand) but I stopped using it because it "caked" a bit in creases (of which Id many). That was when I came across the Urban Decay one which is sadly gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have really dry skin around my nose and never have caking issues with the Maybelline one! Hopefully it'll be just the ticket for you. I think it's SPF 30 as well which is always good. It's looks a bit thicker coming out of the tube than it is when you actually touch it/apply it just in case you think it looks a bit much! Let me know how you get on!

I have a friend who swears by the Olay "touch of foundation" moisturiser when she's not wearing full foundation but I think this is more tinted moisturiser territory and maybe not what you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Check out Laura Merciers tinted moisturiser. Bobbi Brown and Nars also do them in pale shades. And Clinique have a cc cream that might suit depending on how pale you are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm a big fan of the MAC BB Cream, I wear it in Extra Light. You only need a little bit to get natural coverage, and if you want to build up you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Mac face and body, it is a foundation but its incredibly sheer and practically a BB cream, it has a very light, watery consistency but evens out skin tone while giving a beautiful dewy finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Try Chanel all one one healthy glow fluid I use it daily Instead of foundation it's a BB cream that gives a nice glow and they have a good few shades.

I went to Boots yesterday and they didnt have the Maybelline one suggested :(

So I tried a couple out and ended up with a 17 BB cream. The make up girl suggested a test a No7 tinted moisturiser too and gave me a tester of it.

The 17 BB cream seems a bit greasy when you squeeze it out but it does spread well and evenly. I havent worn it on my face yet though - that wont happen til the weekend!

I will report back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Don't be too scared at the One and Done by UD- I love this product!

Not sure I'm too gone on the 17 BB cream. Bit greasy. I wore glasses and it was coming off onto the nose grip.

The search continues.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Hi op. I highly recommend the garnier oil free BB cream in light.
    It's like my skin just better and more even toned when it's on.
    Make sure it's the oil free one(long thin tube) the normal one is horribly greasy.

It's my every day go too.

Advertisement