Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route suggestion

Options
  • 03-10-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully somebody can advise.
    I used to do some hill walking in Galway.
    I moved to Dublin about 4 years ago and two hip surgery's later (long story and I ain't an oul fella! ) I'm looking to get back into it.

Anybody suggest trails in the Dublin area that I can see how able I am for it now?
    I've been on http://www.irishtrails.ie/trails.aspx?c=Dublin etc but I wouldn't be that familiar with them
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

If i was you id just head up to three rock area and head around there. Handy place to get back into it and plenty of people around.

Where abouts in Dublin are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Three rock? I've give it a google. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I'm in Ballsbridge but driving so I can get to anywhere really

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

A few easy options....
    • Bray-Greystones Cliff Walk. It's about 7 KM of mainly flat along with a short climb and some wonderful views. Get the DART to either station for added ease.
    • Saggart Hill. It's not terribly high but theres a couple of loops on it to give you a few KM plus it offers wonderful views of the Curragh.
    • Hellfire Club. Not terribly hard but it will test you a bit if you've not been off walking for a long time.
    • Three Rock; it will blow the cobwebs out of your knees but it will be well worth it for the views. If it's dry take the last KM as far as the summit for an wonderful vista. Just be careful with it as it's rock and it can get slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Thanks folks, appreciated

Advertisement