Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Work On Probation

Options
  • 03-10-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey Guys
    Quick Question
    i am currently going for 2 recruitment agencies interviews in the coming week while im on a years probation , i will be back in court in feb , just to see if i got my life back in track (getting work was in the terms of probation!!) with the judge(nothing to serious!! :-) )

what do i say to a recruitment agency if they ask or how do i notify them im on probation???

furthermore do i text my probationer officer of acquiring work??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If they ask "are you on probation" or "have you got an convictions" or similar, then you'll have to tell them. But if they don't ask, you don't have to tell, and you should not tell.

If they ask "Why do you want this job":

Do say "because I want to develop a career in the area of " ... or such-like.
    Don't say "because I'm on probation and the judge said I had to get a job".

I don't know for sure about texting your probation officer - but my instinct is that yes, you should tell them if there's any change in your circumstances.

Advertisement