Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable used car sales around ballybofey/letterkenny

Options
  • 03-10-2016 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

In the market for a second car, small runaround. Can anyone recommend a reputable small garage in the Ballybofey/Letterkenny areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Can only tell you to steer clear of inishowen motors, got a good second hand car for a good price but their after sales is just terrible, had to go back for a minor thing and took 4 months to get it sorted. Wish I could be more help with recommendations sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Can only tell you to steer clear of inishowen motors, got a good second hand car for a good price but their after sales is just terrible, had to go back for a minor thing and took 4 months to get it sorted. Wish I could be more help with recommendations sorry

A bit unfair I think. They are a very good company, you had a bit of bad luck but it's wrong to completely write them off because one very minor gripe you have.

They sell hundreds of cars and are very well thought of.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A bit unfair I think. They are a very good company, you had a bit of bad luck but it's wrong to completely write them off because one very minor gripe you have.

Have to agree. I know quite a few people who have bought there and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Check out Dunnions and Anthony Conaghan, both in Ballybofey

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Dats_rite

If you can go further afield I would recommend Colm Dillon in Manor CUnningham.

Found the service to be great and I now always go back to get mine serviced there too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got my last few cars from Inishowen Motors and would always recommend them.

Service staff are sound IMO and tend to fix any issues I would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Inishowen Motors took my dad for a grand oul ride over his car.

Never did fix it despite him paying out a fortune and eventually he traded it in when he changed.

Always found Dillons prices extortionate compared to others.

Last car I bought locally was in Divers Letterkenny. Good car, good price, good service and good mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Inishowen Motors took my dad for a grand oul ride over his car.

Never did fix it despite him paying out a fortune and eventually he traded it in when he changed.

Always found Dillons prices extortionate compared to others.

Last car I bought locally was in Divers Letterkenny. Good car, good price, good service and good mechanics.

+1 on the above.
    My sister bought from Inishowen motors and has had nothing but bother with it.
    Colm Dillon has lovely cars but his prices are way over what you would pay even from a main dealer, hence why he's one of the only garages around that doesn't display prices on his website.
    I actually bought a new car from highland motors this week, I have yet to collect it but so far I'm really happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Last time I came to trade in, Dillons were looking for over a thousand more than another dealer to trade to same car.

He has some nice stock, but shame he's so expensive.

I too tend to be wary of dealers that never display prices on their website. Its like they are trying to hide something.

Mod note: Guys, just to remind you all that this is what the OP was looking for...
    Can anyone recommend a reputable small garage in the Ballybofey/Letterkenny areas?
    Lets not turn this thread on its head by having mini rants about particular car sales premises as opposed to recommending some.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭batman1

Someone recommended Gillespie cars on Donegal road in ballybofey. Looking on carsireland they seem ok. Also mwm value vehicles came up in a search but never heard of them either. Seem to have reasonable stock/prices

batman1 wrote: »
    Someone recommended Gillespie cars on Donegal road in ballybofey. Looking on carsireland they seem ok. Also mwm value vehicles came up in a search but never heard of them either. Seem to have reasonable stock/prices
    Haven't really heard anything about Gillespies which is probably a good thing.

Peter Dunnion seems to be fairly busy. Every time I drive past there's always someone in viewing in the yard or have a car parked out on the road etc. Again I haven't heard anything about Dunnions so in those situations perhaps its akin to the old adage - no news is good news. :)

A little further afield you have Sean Porter in Lifford who I and another family member have dealt with a few times in the past and I couldn't say a bad word about him. If I did Id have to ban myself for the warning given above :D He wouldn't have many cars in stock but what he sells appears to be all good.

Advertisement