Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrier line upgrade while cabinet is being upgraded

Options
  • 03-10-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have been moaning to eir(com) for years about how we can't get broadband on our line because it is a carrier line. 
    I noticed recently however, that the our local cabinet ([font=arial, sans-serif]TMD1_001 according to fibrerollout.ie) is in the process of being upgraded.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I was hoping against hope that it might be possible to have our line upgraded concurrently with the cabinet, so we could finally get broadband.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]What do you think the chances are?? I can PM more details if needed.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks![/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there,
    I have been moaning to eir(com) for years about how we can't get broadband on our line because it is a carrier line. 
    I noticed recently however, that the our local cabinet ([font=arial, sans-serif]TMD1_001 according to fibrerollout.ie) is in the process of being upgraded.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I was hoping against hope that it might be possible to have our line upgraded concurrently with the cabinet, so we could finally get broadband.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]What do you think the chances are?? I can PM more details if needed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gotfoodforphil,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Carrier lines utilise a different cable path which can't support broadband and are installed in circumstances where a normal line cannot be. Unfortunately even if your cabinet is upgraded we would still be unable to offer you a broadband/efibre service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am genuinely sorry that I can't offer you better news on this but hope my clarification has helped a little.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

Hi there,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gotfoodforphil,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Carrier lines utilise a different cable path which can't support broadband and are installed in circumstances where a normal line cannot be. Unfortunately even if your cabinet is upgraded we would still be unable to offer you a broadband/efibre service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am genuinely sorry that I can't offer you better news on this but hope my clarification has helped a little.[/font]

Hi Pamela,
    Could you please clarify what circumstances warrant a carrier line? Both our neighbours on either side of us can get broadband, I can't see why there would be a technical reason the line couldn't be changed from a carrier to a normal line?
    I'm very tempted to pull down the stretch of cable and force eir to put a new one in as a result, maybe that would help move things along? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there,

Hi Pamela,
    Could you please clarify what circumstances warrant a carrier line? Both our neighbours on either side of us can get broadband, I can't see why there would be a technical reason the line couldn't be changed from a carrier to a normal line?
    I'm very tempted to pull down the stretch of cable and force eir to put a new one in as a result, maybe that would help move things along? :D
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would be unable to advise on this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Gotfoodforphil [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]as circumstances would vary for each individual line. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you do this you will damage the line and will have loss of service, you will also be liable for any repair costs. There will also be no change in service you will be able to receive I'm afraid once we have repaired the time. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry I could not offer you better news.[/font]

Advertisement