Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Cornelscourt

Options
  • 03-10-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Anyone else detesting the new layout? Every time I visit (about half as much as before) another area has been changed and gentrified.

The revamp is taking forever, stock seems to be on shelving made of particularly cranky sapient pearwood, half the things I would usually purchase on a normal shop are nowhere to be found. The vegetables seem to be going off much faster than previously, something a number of friends have also commented about. The vegetable area with its dim lighting and twee diagonal gondolas leaves people queuing to even see the produce. The fresh meat counter and cheese counter were practically bare this morning.

I'm buying a fair bit from Super Valu, Aldi and have even gone back to Tesco for other things. :eek:

At the outset, I was quite enthusiastic about renovations as the shop was a little tired but they seem to be reinventing the wheel and the new one is made of diamond-encrusted alloys that cost an arm and a leg. Their customers may shop on occasion at Donnybrook Fair and Fallon & Byrne but we don't want to buy basics in those shops. If matters don't improve pdq in Cornelscourt I'll be cutting up my Dunnes loyalty card for good. That's a shame because a lot of the Cornelscourt staff are really lovely people who work hard. It feels wrong to put their jobs at risk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They have completely altered the layout of fruit & veg with some shelves at an angle to others, in my opinion to make you walk along as many shelves as possible. Previously, basic salad items like scallions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber etc. were in the first aisle closest to the exterior wall, now you have to negotiate a maze of aisles to find them.

Pricing in F & V is also haphazard, a lot of the small stuff like bags of chillis have no price indicated on the shelves. When you lift an item and inspect it, you'll see it says 'any two for €3' on the packaging but there's no unit pricing on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

coylemj wrote: »
    Pricing in F & V is also haphazard, a lot of the small stuff like bags of chillis have no price indicated on the shelves. When you lift an item and inspect it, you'll see it says 'any two for €3' on the packaging but there's no unit pricing on display.

Pricing's absent all over the show.

The checkouts were backed up with three or four people at most operational tills today. I asked a member of staff why a third of the tills were closed and apparently a lot of them no longer work. They're due to get new ones soon and aren't maintaining the old ones. I spent almost 15 minutes waiting to pay after I'd finished searching for what I wanted to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,549 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I generally find when large supermarkets are being revamped their generally similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

They aren't messing with it again?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The new floor they put in is getting destroyed very quickly, all relatively small tile, so all trolleys sound like a train across it, there's also cracks and holes all over it where things have been dropped or dragged across it. Expensive mistake for whoever approved it as the whole thing will need re-done within a year or two, or they'll have to cover the whole floor in black/yellow tape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just saw online that Sheridan's Cheesemongers have opened in Cornelscourt. Could be good.

Advertisement