Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe training at Mondello Park

Options
  • 03-10-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

This Wednesday October 5th at Mondello Park is the first of night of our safe on track winter training nights, its starts at 7pm with sign on at 6.45pm.

A great way to meet new friends and other clubs, in a controlled and safe environment.

Spread the word and find us on facebook @ maynoothcycleswintertraining

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

I took part last night. Super fun!

So nice to be on open circuit, no traffic with a great surface.

Spent the first half hour doing quick then lap slow lap. Getting a feel for the lap during daylight we beneficial.

Bright front lights with a large spread are essential.

Got into a quick group for a half hour . Flying around at around 35Km/h everybody doing a turn at the top.

Overall very safe. No dodgy riding. Great way to get some safe winter traning at a high intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

What distance is a lap?

I'm going to try make it out soon. A few of my friends were there last night and I had major fomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

Lap distance 3.4k. I did just over 40 K

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i assume CI membership is required to be allowed on during one of these events?

a few german colleagues have taken part in relay races on the nuburgring, which sounds fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

i assume CI membership is required to be allowed on during one of these events?

a few german colleagues have taken part in relay races on the nuburgring, which sounds fantastic.

AFAIK €8 is all that is required, it's not really an event, just the track is opening to allow a training session.

Having ridden in Mondello a few times I'd be careful if the track is anyway damp especially when it's fully dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sdaly213

A Big Thank you everyone who turned up last night, Dry conditions last night helped with a great experience for all.

We’ll have details of the next event in the coming days...

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

Totally enjoyed it. My first time to cycle on a track too so really was an experience. Had a couple of issues with lights but got 27km done. No cars..no pedestrians..just a sound bunch of lads of lads on bikes. And good banter after.
    Roll on the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

This was right craic once I got the hang of the corners and big thanks to the chap who lead the group around.

siochain wrote: »
    This was right craic once I got the hang of the corners and big thanks to the chap who lead the group around.

I was the same when it got dark. Was hard to see the lines on some of the bends. I'll be more prepared next time. :)

“WE'RE BACK" great news Mondello Race Track were very happy with how last night went. We are back next Wednesday Oct 12th at 7pm. this is open to all clubs and riders. A good front light is essential as we found out last night.
    We run from 7pm till 9pm, you can just join the track from from whatever time you arrive, so if you cant be there at 7 its not a problem, just arrive sign on then ride your bike.

Spread the word to anyone you think might be interested you’ll find the event on facebook.

Thanks again for all your support!

• Advertisement

Any special offers on 4000+ lum headlights? :-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Any special offers on 4000+ lum headlights? :-) ;-)

Great to see it got the go ahead to run again , was at it last night and will Deffo do it again , I'd certainly recommend making sure you have good lights as it was extremely dark .

sullzz wrote: »
    Great to see it got the go ahead to run again , was at it last night and will Deffo do it again , I'd certainly recommend making sure you have good lights as it was extremely dark .
    Hi Sullzz,

We are working with some of suppliers to find a good value light solution for anyone interested, we will post when we have more info!

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Homer1798

A great nights training, varied abilities but lads that have ridden the Mondello races and even race winners willing to give advice and very sociable bunch. Great train got going after about 30mins and I stuck with this bunch for the rest of it, good pace of about 35kmh. I'd highly recommend it to riders of all abilities as you can ride with a group and if the pace gets too much take a short cut and jump in again or spin around at your own pace. The other advantage is if your late you just pay your €8 and jump in so turning up at 7:30 isn't a problem. The organiser had some refreshments for after but forgot the milk :) so a chance to catch up with other riders. Here's to another good session next week.

Session was so good having no milk was forgiveable lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Thud

Are these likely to always be on Wednesday's? Would like to get down for one but Wednesday's clash with something else for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Raging I missed the first night but had to work late, will be there next Wednesday for sure.. Fair play Mark for organising this

Wednesday night up until New Year and then possibly Tuesday and Thursdays is what I heard, which would be fantastic as weather then might rule one of the 2 days out.

Hi Thud

We are looking at other nights too, Tuesday and Thursday are options depending on interest!

Regards
    Sean

Dunno about others but any weekday evening would suit me.

• Advertisement

Another great session in Mondello tonight, I was late getting there but still 40 hassel free Km's in the bag. Would be great to see more availing of it though, 35 riders are swallowed up by the track. And there was milk for the tea & coffee this week :)

A big thank you all who joined us last night, A great turn out and lots of new faces.

Back again next Wednesday at 7pm, see you there!!!

Feck missed out due to work this week how were the numbers?

Hi siochain, Great Night, around 50ish so the track filled up a bit and it looked super!

Hope to see you next week!

sdaly213 wrote: »
    Hi siochain, Great Night, around 50ish so the track filled up a bit and it looked super!

Hope to see you next week!

Delighted to hear that and defo aiming for next week

Advertisement